Modem Update

.....tba

Members
Jul 17, 2017
Hi, i'm new here recently flashed the latest release.

What i'm asking myself, maybe it has been answerd in the past.

If there is an modem update on the original stable or dev rom from Xiaomi will it be updated with the eu release zip or do we have to flash the rom from Xiaomi?

Gesendet von meinem MI 5s mit Tapatalk

If you look at the threads in XDA about LineageOS on the Mi5S, you can find a separate file (search for the newest) with the firmware updates from Xiaomi you can flash over any ROM. In that case you can know for sure you have the latest.

You can also make a TWRP backup and flash the latest China Developer ROM with the fastboot method. Usually this flashes the modem and/or bootloader partition along with all the other stuff. Be sure to use the "flash_all_except_storage.sh" (or .bat) file as not to wipe your storage and your TWRP backup.

You can also make a TWRP backup and flash the latest China Developer ROM with the fastboot method. Usually this flashes the modem and/or bootloader partition along with all the other stuff. Be sure to use the "flash_all_except_storage.sh" (or .bat) file as not to wipe your storage and your TWRP backup.
when I do this. stay twrp and unlocked bootloader or must be done another time?

DO NOT use the "flash_all_lock".sh or it's windows .bat pendant. Only use the "flash_all_except_storage" file. Your bootloader will stay unlocked, but you will have to reflash TWRP (which is no big deal as you hopefully know)