Modifying camera

whpgab

Members
May 9, 2014
Hi!

How can I modify video recording bitrate? Where can I find the camera app in the rom?
How can I change photo JPG compression ratio?

Thanks

1. In file: system/etc/media_profiles.xml

2. Depends on your phone. For Mi2 is Camera.apk in /system/app but for Mi3 is /system/priv-app.

3. You need to decode Camera.apk with smali bytecode, then search for proper smali file with JPG quality definitions.

Wysłane z MI3

First of all, thanks for you answer.
Unfortunately I encountered an error:
"I just noticed an error on my MI3W. If I record a video, no matter how long and recording finished, and returned to home screen a few minutes later the phone is freezing. Screen is not responding, button under the screen is glowing when I tap it. After reboot everything is working fine. If I use a third party camera app (lgCamera) every thing is fine. If I switch back to system 2 with a stable version with 4.3 android (JXDCNBD14.0) the camera is working fine."

I will try this with 4.3 android. In the media file xml video bitrate with 1080p was set to 20000 bit/sec however if I check the recorded video it is only about 15000 bit/sec.
I changed it to 35000 and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?
Anyway I found a row with 2160p recording, is it possible to activate it?

I suggest you don't mess with camera at all if you're not experienced. The core camera parameters are in smali not in media profiles.

Wysłane z MI3