More Then 32gb Sd.

Drifter256

Members
Mar 27, 2016
Xiaomi says that the RN2 supports Micro SD Cards to 32gb.

My question is, a 64gb card, work fine or the phone don't recognize it?

Yes. I use 128Gb Card and this works too.
Sorry for necroing such an old thread, but i gotta ask, what format do you use on that 128Gb card?
i'm coming from cm12.1 by one of the developers on xda, and over there they have support for exfat and ext4 support for sdcard (although the latter is kinda buggy). I know for a fact that global rom from en.miui.com doesn't support exfat (need another tool with root to mount it). i was thinking about installing the build from this forum, the latest being 6.5.19 and i was wondering if the rom from xiaomi.eu does support exfat for external sdcard.

Sorry for necroing such an old thread, but i gotta ask, what format do you use on that 128Gb card?
i'm coming from cm12.1 by one of the developers on xda, and over there they have support for exfat and ext4 support for sdcard (although the latter is kinda buggy). I know for a fact that global rom from en.miui.com doesn't support exfat (need another tool with root to mount it). i was thinking about installing the build from this forum, the latest being 6.5.19 and i was wondering if the rom from xiaomi.eu does support exfat for external sdcard.
Formatting SD card I did with a little program called 'sd formatter' on Windows PC. Which format SD card has after this I do not remember (I am not at home at the moment and can not check this. But you can test it yourself now..)

Last edited:
Formatting SD card I did with a little program called 'sd formatter' on Windows PC. Which format SD card has after this I do not remember (I am not at home at the moment and can not check this. But you can test it yourself now..)
yeah, i've just gone and installed the latest weekly xiaomi.eu build and i can confirm that exfat is still not implemented (might be licensing issue with microsoft). i think i might try to format it in fat32 using the tools that you and varvaris mentioned. Thanks!

Update: i've formatted it with fat32 and it's going smoothly, i forgot that i was posting the previous reply on a Mac, and it seems that the disk utilities that come with the os doesn't have the 32GB max size for fat32 format.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael_K