Most stable upgrade path

t3rm3y

Members
Jan 28, 2020
Hello, I know these questions get asked a lot, I couldn't see a simple straight forward answer for what I'm looking for.
I use 12.0.2 stable EU ROM. , It's ok but can be a bit buggy, screen sometimes starts clicking through apps or menus even though nothing pressed, or will freeze. I am assuming because the ROM is older then the updated apps?
I use the phone for work and banking so don't want root and need to retain all data so can I update , what is most stable, and what is best method to update without losing data? (Should all updates be a full wipe)

If I recall correctly, 12.0.2 can be dirty flashed to the latest version without data loss.

I haven't tried 12.5.4 yet, but only because 12.5.3 is the best version of MIUI so far, (for my usage).

If I recall correctly, 12.0.2 can be dirty flashed to the latest version without data loss.

I haven't tried 12.5.4 yet, but only because 12.5.3 is the best version of MIUI so far, (for my usage).
Ok. Well 12.5.3 could be the one I go to then. Doesn't have to be the very latest as it's certainly not now

Ok. Well 12.5.3 could be the one I go to then. Doesn't have to be the very latest as it's certainly not now
Upgraded to 12.5.4 last night and it seems just as good.
Active drain and idle drain look about the same and it feels just as snappy.

Only changes I have noticed are the updated security patch and newer revisions of many system apps.

Upgraded to 12.5.4 last night and it seems just as good.
Active drain and idle drain look about the same and it feels just as snappy.

Only changes I have noticed are the updated security patch and newer revisions of many system apps.
Still no issues? I saw a few posts of the phone freezing during update and stuck at boot logo.

Hi, can you tell me if you can open font settings from display settings? It is force closing on my ends
No problem here. Screenshot_2022-03-01-20-10-36-795_com.android.settings.jpg