Mount system R/W

koselni

Members
Jun 17, 2019
Hello,

I have tried mounting my system as R/W so I can get rid of my camera shutter sound(renaming it).
My phone is rooted and I have EU ROM 10.3.4 installed.

Code:
>> mount | grep system
Response : /dev/block/sde48 on /system type ext4 (ro,seclabel,relatime,discard,data=ordered)
Response : /sbin/.magisk/block/system on /sbin/.magisk/mirror/system type ext4 (ro,seclabel,relatime,discard,data=ordered)

I open my cmd and write:
Code:
>> adb shell
>> su
>> mount -o rw,remount /system
Response : '/dev/block/platform/soc/1d84000.ufshc/by-name/system' is read-only

I have tried using also:
Code:
>> adb root
Response : adbd cannot run as root in production builds

Does anybody know what else I can try?

Although, after I manually flashed my xiaomi from 10.3.3 to 10.3.4 I lost my root so I installed Magisk.zip with TWRP to regain root access again.

Hey guy, what are you doing? That's totally crazy.

Please never try to remount /system or you will loose Google license (SafetyNet and others) and you never can use a banking app, watch Netflix, playing lots of games or paying via Smartphone/NFS . Remounting /system is a really stupid idea.

And what's that? You've magisk installed (your phone is rooted) but you use adb to remount your device??? Did you ever hear of SSH terminal shell apps or Termux?

If you want to change system sounds simply install another theme or change system sound in /data/system/....

I just want to modify this file, so my shutter will not be bothering me when taking pictures(*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*) .
He describes it perfectly at the end.
I have also tried this, but the problem is I can't open xml file, due to permission issue.

You have 2 options:

1 use the twrp file manager to do this

2 there is a magisk module to do this "disable screenshot and camera sounds"

I have managed to change file name via twrp file manager. Although *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* shutter sound was not camera_shutter.ogg.
With this application I have managed to change xml shared preferences and mute shutter sound, so it is not bothering me anymore.