Move apps to SD

Graham Robson

Members
Apr 25, 2012
I am having trouble moving apps to the SD card using things like app2sd etc.

Can anyone walk me through the steps. I know you have to be rooted but the Mi One is already so is it not.

Thanks

try moving from the apps menu .. it would be totally manual if the app2sd is not working

I haven't got a clue how to do that. Where do I access the internal storage folders?

Does anyone else have any experience moving internal storage to SD on this phone?

I have same problem. Can somebody help? MIUI-2.8.3 IMM76D
kernel 3.0.8-perf-00407-g0f2149e
thanks!

my mi1s won't move apps to sd either the button is shaded out do i need to set my sd card up in some way?

i've tried all of them can't get appstosd to work either thats why i wondered if i had to do anything special tothe sdcard itself.
I'm new to android been waiting for a decent phone like the mi1s to come out cos i like to fiddle around with things just trying to get my head round it all first

you have let the app get root acess right? i didnt do anything except giving it root acess and using root explorer

I've also been having this problem for a while. I have a lot of apps installed but not a single one of them can be moved to external storage - the "Move to SD card" button is always disabled on the app information screen. This doesn't seem normal to me.

I recently cleared all user data and started afresh, but still I can't move any of my apps to SD.

I'm using MIUI 2.10.12.

Any idea what is causing this? I'm starting to run out of space as many apps are quite large these days!

that might work but why isn't the apps2sd in miui working? its annoying having a feature that doesn't work could it be something to do with having a ext partition on the sdcard?

maybe if the extra partition is partition one.
Miui sd card might need to be partition one for system apps to be allowed on it not sure.

does the miui move2sd work on other phones is this problem mi-1 specific? maybe its to do with mi-1 having 2 partitions anyway so you can run 2 roms

That dont have anything to say. The extra partition for the phone is not on the sd card thats in its internal system.

Anyone found a solution to this? I'm still stuck unable to move apps to the SD card. There is only one partition (FAT32) on there and I've already done a full wipe. I don't know what else to try! :(

Edit: has anyone managed to get an ext partition with Apps2SD+ working on MIUI? I had that arrangement on my HTC Desire and found it to be very stable.

#Salam#
Hi Guys
That worked great for me!
Use "Final APP2SD"
But first to avoid app crash it's better to find real movable apps (Cause some apps of moveable apps in "Final APP2SD" aren't really moveable and might Contain widgets a) by other app managers like "link2sd", "AppMgr Pro III" or ...

With the Root explorer App.
1. Go to the Apk in Data/App/ longpress on *.apk and choose move
2. Go to a Directiory on your External Storage for me ExternalStorage/Sdcard/Apks/ and "Paste" it
3. Long Press on Moved *.Apk scroll down the option list and chose "create shortcut" on the Bottom
4. Go to the Apk in Data/App/ and press "create"
Repeat this for all Apks you want.

With the Root explorer App.
1. Go to the Apk in Data/App/ longpress on *.apk and choose move
2. Go to a Directiory on your External Storage for me ExternalStorage/Sdcard/Apks/ and "Paste" it
3. Long Press on Moved *.Apk scroll down the option list and chose "create shortcut" on the Bottom
4. Go to the Apk in Data/App/ and press "create"
Repeat this for all Apks you want.
Thanks I will try it