Music Player Control with Volume Button

Saschb2b

Members
Nov 23, 2010
Hi,

is it planed to implement music player control with button in lockscreen mode?
I mean:
long press volume up = next track
long press volume down = previous track

Or is there a mod for MIUI to do that?

Not that I know of, that is the main feature I miss from cm

Sent from my SexyNexy using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Not to be a dick, but if you're at the lockscreen already, why not just use the on-screen controls? It does the same thing, and it's already there.

I cannot touch it in my pocket maybe? I can only press physical keys. And the best keys I can easily reach are the volume keys.
With lockscreen mode I meant that the phone is locked and NOT touchable

Not to be a dick, but if you're at the lockscreen already, why not just use the on-screen controls? It does the same thing, and it's already there.

Wondering who you are referring to? But, "why not just use the on-screen controls?" If the phone is on your hip in a clip or in your pocket its much easier to just push the volume key when running or working out verses taking the phone out - waking it up - the pushing the skip song button. If your don't have anything good to add to the thread beat it. Son.

BTW Saschb2b its tied to the framework only works on cm with music mod

Wondering who you are referring to? But, "why not just use the on-screen controls?" If the phone is on your hip in a clip or in your pocket its much easier to just push the volume key when running or working out verses taking the phone out - waking it up - the pushing the skip song button. If your don't have anything good to add to the thread beat it. Son.

BTW Saschb2b its tied to the framework only works on cm with music mod

I was replying to the OP. He said "in lockscreen mode", which sounds like he means that the phone is on and still at the lockscreen. I didn't realize that he meant with the screen still off. OP was not completely clear to me.

Now that you specify that you don't even want to turn on the screen, your request makes sense. I apologize for giving an irrelevant reply, and I do agree, now, that the feature requested would be useful.

Would be great. Works on CM with any music app, not just music mod. I use it with power amp.

+1 to this. This is one feature I miss from CM as well. It's nice that it works with Slacker and all music players. Is there a bug or feature tracker that this can be requested on, or is this forum the best place?

+1! This is the only feature I miss in MIUI.

Is it actually only tied to the framework? I've read about it in several kernel threads.