My Mi10 suddenly stopped connecting to the computer

yacquaman

Members
Jun 18, 2021
Up until 2 weeks ago, I could always connect my Xiaomi Mi 10 to my laptop via USB. and I also could connect a USB storage device with usb to the phone.

Now when I try to connect the USB storage it is not recognised and also when I try to connect to the laptop via usb cable, I get nothing and sometimes a message that the usb device is malfunctioning. (my MI7 connects to the laptop) I also tried to connect to another laptop without any luck, I have tried various cables. I have tried to enable debugging, downloaded drivers, etc etc. I think the problem is the USB C port in my phone itself. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what I could try?

Up until 2 weeks ago, I could always connect my Xiaomi Mi 10 to my laptop via USB. and I also could connect a USB storage device with usb to the phone.

Now when I try to connect the USB storage it is not recognised and also when I try to connect to the laptop via usb cable, I get nothing and sometimes a message that the usb device is malfunctioning. (my MI7 connects to the laptop) I also tried to connect to another laptop without any luck, I have tried various cables. I have tried to enable debugging, downloaded drivers, etc etc. I think the problem is the USB C port in my phone itself. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what I could try?

Is there no notification or is there a notification and no MTP available?
  • No notification
    • Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> Android System -> Notifications -> USB connection
    • * Toggle on "Show notifications"
    • * Set "Importance" to "Minimal"
  • Notification and no MTP
    • Install USB drivers

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried the steps under "no notification" and still no luck. I've downloaded drivers and also nothing. I think the problem is the USB port in the phone because it doesn't turbo charge either

I also had notifications show up at random points but even after choosing "file transfer" it doesn't connect to the laptop. It only charges.