Nasty folder bug in 1.7.15

dkasak

Members
Jun 18, 2011
Greetings. Not sure if I should report this here, or @ the Chinese site, but anyway ... if I'm posting in the wrong place, someone tell me.

I had some strange stuff happening with missing app icons, so I cleared data for the Launcher, which reset my desktop ( which I expected ). However in setting things up again, I've noticed a very nasty bug in the 'folder' functionality.

When I create a new folder, it appears empty. But when I drag an app into it, the folder will show the contents of the last folder I was intereacting with, plug what I just dropped in it. In effect, the new folder then functions as a clone of the other ( like a symbolic link ). But it retains it's name and location on the desktop.

The only way I've been able to set up folders and populate them is to kill the launcher and restart it ... then create a new folder and drop things in it. When I'm done with that one, I kill the launcher and restart it ... and then create a new folder ... etc.

Annoying :) But at least there's a workaround.

I have already tried restarting afresh ... ie killing the launcher, THEN deleting it's data, and then setting up again. Same thing. I haven't done a complete wipe and re-install, and am hoping that's not what is required ... hopefully it's just a bug.

I've done a completed wipe and I got the same problem. I hope, the developers will eliminate this annoying bug in the next release.

I was came here to write about this thanks.. Also arranging the apps very hard in this build. You need to touch a little under the icon to be able to move them (in editing mode).

I found out a better workaround. Just create all folders (but don't place anything into it). After that go to Settings -> Programs -> Manage Applications -> Running -> Launcher -> Stop
Get back to Homescreen and you can place icons into folders without any issue.

you need to push it to /system/app/

What a strange bug, but yep... that worked. THanks!

--------------------------------------------------
added: I spoke a little bit too soon. It started the weird cloning again with the fifth folder I created.

I found out a better workaround. Just create all folders (but don't place anything into it). After that go to Settings -> Programs -> Manage Applications -> Running -> Launcher -> Stop
Get back to Homescreen and you can place icons into folders without any issue.
That worked for me, thanks

What a strange bug, but yep... that worked. THanks!

--------------------------------------------------
added: I spoke a little bit too soon. It started the weird cloning again with the fifth folder I created.
Really Strange because it works for me every time have reflashed rom 4 times so far. and it worked everytime. did you clear cache and davlik cache after pushing the apk