need help flashing

BlackRose07

Members
Jan 11, 2019
Hello guys,

Maybe you have time to help me out with this problem when flashing the eu rom to my mi max 3
Here's the scenario:
I bought my max 3 last week, it's not available in my country so I had to import.
The phone arrived with the bootloader already unlocked (I'm suspicious about it) and a global official rom v10.3.5.0 (seems legit)
So I figured it is a chinese model with global rom.
I flashed the eu rom the way I did with my max 2 using the procedure posted here. But it did not go quite well like my max 2.

Here's what I did and what the results were:
1.) After the phone booted to twrp, it was asking for a password. I don't know what to do so I just ignored it.
2.) data could not be wiped... twrp said I may need to do a factory reset so I did, rebooted again to twrp and tried to wipe the data, same result so I resorted to wiping all except for the system and persist
3.) I flashed the eu rom- xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9, it did completed successfully but it would not boot with a message on the screen "reset phone" in the middle and below the screen said something like "the password you entered in correct but the data is corrupted, you need to perform a factory reset.... blah blah blah". Phone keeps doing that. Installation to eu rom wasn't successful. :(

What did I missed? Something about encryption perhaps? Wrong twrp version?
Honesty I'm not really good at this and I'm hoping you can educate me so I can avoid such situation(s) in the future.

I just flashed the latest global rom v11.0.6 using miflashtool with clean all option. I'm too scared to flash it back to v10.3.5 due to ARB.
I really love the eu rom more than the global version but I guess now that my phone is in the latest global rom, I may have to wait until the next release.

Thanks in advance and thanks for your time.

Hello!
When I was on global.rom I've tried at least 3 different twrp versions , until finally there was no password or encryption error.

Reactions: BlackRose07
Hello guys,

Maybe you have time to help me out with this problem when flashing the eu rom to my mi max 3
Here's the scenario:
I bought my max 3 last week, it's not available in my country so I had to import.
The phone arrived with the bootloader already unlocked (I'm suspicious about it) and a global official rom v10.3.5.0 (seems legit)
I flashed the eu rom the way I did with my max 2 using the procedure posted here. But it did not go quite well like my max 2.

1.) After the phone booted to twrp, it was asking for a password. I don't know what to do so I just ignored it.
2.) data could not be wiped... twrp said I may need to do a factory reset so I did, rebooted again to twrp and tried to wipe the data, same result so I resorted to wiping all except for the system and persist
3.) I flashed the eu rom- xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9, it did completed successfully but it would not boot with a message on the screen "reset phone" in the middle and below the screen said something like "the password you entered in correct but the data is corrupted, you need to perform a factory reset.... blah blah blah". Phone keeps doing that. Installation to eu rom wasn't successful. :(

Honesty I'm not really good at this and I'm hoping you can educate me so I can avoid such situation(s) in the future.

I just flashed the latest global rom v11.0.6 using miflashtool with clean all option. I'm too scared to flash it back to v10.3.5 due to ARB.
I really love the eu rom more than the global version but I guess now that my phone is in the latest global rom, I may have to wait until the next release.

It seems you wiped but you never did FORMAT DATA in twrp.
If not the case, test other twrp release in order to cancel the decrytion failure.

Hello!
When I was on global.rom I've tried at least 3 different twrp versions , until finally there was no password or encryption error.
It seems you wiped but you never did FORMAT DATA in twrp.
If not the case, test other twrp release in order to cancel the decrytion failure.
seems I found a promising twrp mod that will decrypt the data
I will try again as soon as a newer version of the eu rom is released

thanks guys

Hello guys,

Here's the scenario:

Here the steps you need to do since your bootloader is unlocked. Correct?

1- install twrp (reboot system and check phone is working normal)
2- reboot back to twrp to flash orangefox zip (twrp alternative) then reboot system and verify phone is working normal.
3- reboot back to orangefox recovery
4- now this is important, go to partition and format data only.
5- flash the latest eu rom
6- reboot and profit.
7- optional flash magisk last if you want root.

Don't forget wipe everytime you install something before reboot.

Make sure download all the required files and put all in USB drive or microsd card. I suggest you go to mimax 3's xda forum to download twrp and orangefox. Don't panic, it can take 5-10 mins to boot up

One more thing, most people misunderstood about arb. Basically, arb will kick in if you flash rom that doesn't has arb. If the rom has arb then ok to flash same blood type haha. You're safe back and forth from miui 10 to 11 or versa.

Last edited:
Here the steps you need to do since your bootloader is unlocked. Correct?
yes
I suggest you go to mimax 3's xda forum to download twrp and orangefox.
yes I already have those...
One more thing, most people misunderstood about arb. Basically, arb will kick in if you flash rom that doesn't has arb. If the rom has arb then ok to flash same blood type haha. You're safe back and forth from miui 10 to 11 or versa.
I guess so... I'm among those who doesn't understand the arb completely :D
ok... so you mean I can still flash the xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9 over the miui global rom v11.0.6 without bricking my phone?

Last edited:
Success! @kupo23 that was quick.
Thanks a lot friend. honestly I still have a lot to learn about this esp. how to update when a new version comes along.

I guess so... I'm among those who doesn't understand the arb completely :D
ok... so you mean I can still flash the xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAX3_V11.0.3.0.PEDCNXM_v11-9 over the miui global rom v11.0.6 without bricking my phone?

yes its safe, make sure clean flash if you flash different type of rom like eu beta to global stable. Dont go back to far like miui 9 .

yes its safe, make sure clean flash if you flash different type of rom like eu beta to global stable. Dont go back to far like miui 9 .
what about the data encryption? now that the the eu rom is properly installed and running... do I leave it decrypted or should I have it encrypted?

what about the data encryption? now that the the eu rom is properly installed and running... do I leave it decrypted or should I have it encrypted?

I never encrypted my phone. It's unnecessary thing. Why bother with it? Nothing but trouble unless you're doing something secret or drug dealer lol. I feel very safe with 2 steps security.