Need Help Installing Xiaomi.eu Rom

Megahurts

Members
Jun 27, 2016
Hi All,

After buying a Redmi Note 3 (MTK) I have discovered that there is no english rom for this model. Its full of Chinese apps that I don't want. I've been having a look around on this forum and with the help on here so far I have been able to;
  • Install developer version of the official rom 7.3.1.0 (LHNCNDD)
  • Officially unlocked bootloader
  • Installed TWRP 3.0.2-0 using Flashify
I tried copying the Hennessy ROM zip file (xiaomi.eu_multi_hennessy_V7.3.1.0.LHNCNDD_v7-5.0) to the root directory of the phone and then used TWRP to try and install it. It didn't work properly and didn't replace the existing ROM. The ROM is still the official 7.3.1.0 (LHNCNDD).

Is there a thread on here that explains exactly, step by step, the correct way on how to install the xiaomi.eu rom using TWRP? Thanks for sparing your time to read this.

Regards, Rob.

That is the way. If you have installed TWRP than you should be able to flash whatever rom you want.
Maybe you had a bad download. Download the desired rom again, reboot to recovery and flash the rom yhat you have downloaded.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Ill start downloading again. Can anyone help with the TWRP settings, I'm not sure what I need to wipe, in the advanced wipe settings?

Hi, Has anyoune ever encountered an error like this when using TWRP

Failed to mount 'nvram' (invalid argument)

I notice this comes up when trying to flash new ROM. Maybe this is causing problems?

Edit: It must have been a corrupt download, flash of xiaomi.eu ROM worked with fresh downloaded ROM files. The TWRP error above seemed to have no effect and the rom flashed sucessfully.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited: