Need help unlocking bootloader

Kayotic

Members
Mar 16, 2021
Hi,

I've recently bought the CN version of mi 11 and i've been trying to flash EU firmware.
however i can't seem to unlock the bootloader with the unlock tool.

usb debugging and oem unlock are enabled, ADB recognizes device when powered on, however fastboot can't detect the device when i boor into fastboot mode.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

Hi,

I've recently bought the CN version of mi 11 and i've been trying to flash EU firmware.

usb debugging and oem unlock are enabled, ADB recognizes device when powered on, however fastboot can't detect the device when i boor into fastboot mode.
thanks in advance
Its a driver issue, install the correct set after s disabling your virus scanner.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi11

Reactions: Jimnasium
Its a driver issue, install the correct set after s disabling your virus scanner.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi11

Hi, i'm not running any antivirus software except for windows defender. could you link me the correct set of drivers?
thanks in advance.

Hi, i'm not running any antivirus software except for windows defender. could you link me the correct set of drivers?
thanks in advance.
That's works for me

Gesendet von meinem Mi 11 mit Tapatalk

That's works for me

same issue, ADB gets recognized
when i run adb reboot bootloader device goes into fastboot
fastboot devices doesn't show anything
device also doesn't show up in device manager

Do you hear the Windows sound when you plug in the Mi11 when it is in fastboot.

Which Windows do you use? I am using windows 10 and I never had to install a driver for my MI phones ...
The windows driver which will be installed automatically is enough

Screenshot shows my Mi11 in fastboot mode

Last edited:
Do you hear the Windows sound when you plug in the Mi11 when it is in fastboot.

Which Windows do you use? I am using windows 10 and I never had to install a driver for my MI phones ...
The windows driver which will be installed automatically is enough

Screenshot shows my Mi11 in fastboot mode
View attachment 35436
no sound when i plug in in fastboot, as i said, windows is completely not detecting the device in fastboot mode

update, when i run adb reboot fastboot, device boots into fastbootD mode, windows is able to detect the device in fastbootD mode and so is the mi unlock tool.
however the mi unlock tool gives the error code "read failed, please refresh or reboot the device" i have tried both but didn't succeed. any suggestions?

update, when i run adb reboot fastboot, device boots into fastbootD mode, windows is able to detect the device in fastbootD mode and so is the mi unlock tool.
however the mi unlock tool gives the error code "read failed, please refresh or reboot the device" i have tried both but didn't succeed. any suggestions?
Is usb debugging enabled on the phone?

You might authorize the pc while phone is up.

Regards

Sent from my Mi11

"adb reboot fastboot" puts you in the wrong fastboot mode. You have to restart the device while pressing the volume down button. That puts you in the correct fastboot mode.

Reactions: mmd1989
Hi,

thanks in advance

Try other USB cables, I had the same issue and the cable was the source, after I tried a different one it worked

haha had the same problem, saw this thread and... IT WAS THE CABLE! my huawei supercharge cable: everything works BUTTTTT unlock tool, with the xiaomi 120w cable: EVERYTHING WORKS

"adb reboot fastboot" puts you in the wrong fastboot mode. You have to restart the device while pressing the volume down button. That puts you in the correct fastboot mode.

thats was my problem :)

This could be happening ("read failed, try rebooting the device or refreshing") because you have an AMD cpu, yesterday I managed to reverse engineer the xiaomi unlock tool a little bit and came up with this tool to workaround the problem, I hope it helps!

Hi,

thanks in advance
The latest versions on the MiFlash tool have the drivers built in. I am running 2020.3.14 and one of the tabs in the upper left hand corner of the app is drivers. Install these and it should work. Remember to to use MiFlash, you need to unlock the bootloader first using MiUnlock tool.