Need TWRP or not when flashing 12X from global (MI) rom to taiwan (TW) rom?

arigato

Members
Aug 11, 2021
Hi there,

Bought a Xiaomi 12X with global (MI) rom, which come with google's dialer. I badly need the original xiaomi dialer, my best understanding is I can flash taiwan (TW) rom as it comes with original xiaomi dialer.

1. After reading other threads related to EU rom the procedures typically involved TWRP; if flashing 12X from MI rom to TW rom, do I need TWRP or not?

2. As MI rom & TW rom should both classified as Global regions, after flashing TW rom can I lock the bootloader or not?

Many thx!

Hi there,

While waiting for the 168 hours to unlock bootloader, further research & just observed "anti rollback" issue on Xiaomi phone, which might brick the phone.
(a) My 12X with global rom V13.0.5.0.RLDMIXM & plan to flash it to taiwan rom V13.0.2.0.RLDTWXM then lock bootloader, will this trigger the anti rollback issue?
(b) If encountered anti rollback issue, just need to modify corresponding flash_all_lock.bat to remove the ::check anti_version section from bat file, is that correct?

Sorry if asked stupid questions, as I'm really new in mobile rom flashing....

Many thx!

Hi there, while the minor versions different, as those two ROM both android 11, can I assume this won't cause any "anti rollback" issue? Many thx

Hi there,

Unlocked bootloader & use miflash tool to flash TW rom on 12X, while it went smooth, until the very end it came up with error:Not catch checkpoint (\$fastboot -s .*lock),flash is not done then the phone boot up itself & it seems all right afterward.

Verified 12X now with 13.0.2.0 RLDTWXM version, can browse internet, can make/recv phone call, can send/recv sms, etc; seems all good.

In that case, can I just ignore that error in miflash tool and conclude my TW rom flashing is completed?

Many thx! :emoji_pray:

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 198
  • version.jpg
    version.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 179
Indonesia global firmware works as well. It comes with the MI dialer. Just unlock your phone download the recovery version of the global firmware for Indonesia and flash with the XiaoMiTool V2.