New Mi4c, What Rom To Install?

jackint

Members
Oct 15, 2016
Hey guys, i just bought my new Mi4c, so i want to ask you what ROM is the best. At the moment i have MIUI 8.0.16. and my battery isn't so good.So if i install this eu rom, will my battery last longer? And also will this rom end up my temperature problems?

Hey guys, i just bought my new Mi4c, so i want to ask you what ROM is the best. At the moment i have MIUI 8.0.16. and my battery isn't so good.So if i install this eu rom, will my battery last longer? And also will this rom end up my temperature problems?
I also had this problem. There is no firware 8.0.16. This firmware with errors from the seller. Make full wipe and install the latest firmware from this site. Sorry for my english)).

Reactions: MrLaAnguila
This phone, like all phones with SD808 chipset(LG G4, Nexus 5x etc) runs quite hot and suffers from throttling under heavy use...MIUI 7.1.6.0 has better thermal management than most MIUI versions, it would seem, so install it if you want phone to stay a little cooler, SOT is around 4+hours. There's also Cyanogen 13 TS in which you can lower performance of the phone(like disable the 2 big cores) to keep it cooler and have better battery life(5h SOT is common) if you don't want all the bling in MIUI. I have 7.1.6.0 installed now and it lasts 1 full day with around 3,5h SOT and 30-60 min talk time(4g+wifi+gps+brightness auto 60%, fb+email+some yt+talk+some pics).

Thanks for the answers. I think i will install eu rom.Can you tell me what are benefits from installing eu rom over the miui 8?
Ps. How do you charge your phone? I read that li-ion batteries are supposed to keep on 60-80% all the time.

Eu ROM has all languages and won't lock bootloader. All Eu ROMs are based on Chinese official.
Don't worry much about charging, I didn't have any problem with batteries on my phones and I often charge them overnight from under 10%to 100.

Hi! I also have the same problem, where I could finde this ROM vesion for mi4c? I've been trying to look for it but I was unsuccessful. Thanks!

6.9.29 works pretty well on my phone. I haven't upgraded to latest yet, so I can't speak for that one.

Smiui 8.0.5 is the best Rom I've ever use... 4+ hrs sot, over 70k in antutu and it's cold like ice the device...

@iamme729 what would you say is better? 6.11.3 (or the latest version) or V8.0.5.0.LXKCNDG (oficial MIUI8).

I just bought a Mi4c and I have no idea which one is the best one to install yet. There are also more options like Slim 6, Cyanogenmod 13.1...

What is the most recommendable one and what would happen also to my guaranty if I install one of them. With the one I've got now the battery life is 5-6 hours and that is just with the phone in my pocket 0_0

Thanks mate!

Thanks for your response @iamme729

I'll try with the Xiaomi EU weekly one, but this updates are automatically installed or I have to do the same process again to install them?

BTW, I think is not fair to lose the warranty if I have to install something because the phone is not working well (like the battery in this case).
Should be better if I wait a few weeks to do this maybe?

Thanks!

Ok, nice to know that. Sounds easy to keep updated.

What would you recommend in terms of warranty? I think it'd better if I wait at least a couple of weeks just to be sure the phone is working well right?

Cheers

Reactions: iamme729
First xiaomi phone.

currently on 8.0.16, how do i go to the eu roms. Do i need to unlock the bootloader or root to do it.

[QUOTE="elpanxr, post: 338833, member: 14412

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
On mi globe you can download only the latest version of the rom and I want to download 8.0.5 version.

I'm on 6.11.3 and the phone doesn't know how to sleep, stays awake.
Did I miss something? I came from 7.0.4.0.

Don't think it's the same. This is always advised, especially when you go from one version to another(7 to 8). Always wipe all to be sure the new ROM has all conditions to work well.