New Mi5

barben

Members
Feb 1, 2016
Hi all!
I bought a new mi5 and i have a couple of questions. Is the boorloader unlocked on my phone? Can i update my phone to 6.8.4 with no problems?
My version is 6.5.30.
Thanks!.!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-10-21-52-40_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-10-21-52-40_com.android.settings.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 266
Hi,

if it is new, it is locked ofc. So, no you can not flash the 6.8.4 version. First you need to apply for unlocking permissions. Once you get the permission, you can unlock the bootloader.

Here you can start: http://en.miui.com/unlock/

Thanks for the quick replay!
Is there a way to check if it is unlocked? The process takes 10 long days :/

How can i do? What is the latest update that i can us? Miui 8?
Sorry for the noob questions.

How can i do? What is the latest update that i can us? Miui 8?
Sorry for the noob questions.
Run updater app, it will find the update. Or go to en.miui.com and look for mi5 download section, there is a guide about updating your phone.

- sent from my Mi5

my unlocking process only took 2 days on my new mi5. got it last Wednesday, unlocked by Friday!

Run updater app, it will find the update. Or go to en.miui.com and look for mi5 download section, there is a guide about updating your phone.

- sent from my Mi5

the global version is like mine :/ isn't it supposed to be miui 8 ?

so i got the code from xiaomi. when i login to to mi unloack it says the device isn't supported.
what is this? what will happen if i'll just download the multilanguage and update it through the updater?

so i got the code from xiaomi. when i login to to mi unloack it says the device isn't supported.
what is this? what will happen if i'll just download the multilanguage and update it through the updater?

What code? You need the PERMISSION to unlock your bootloader. Once you get the permission from xiaomi, you will be able to unlock your bootloader. Then you can start flashing custom roms. If you just download the global eu version and try to update through the updater, nothing will happen, as your mi5s bootloader is still locked.

You can login every day to the mi-unlock tool to see, if permission to unlock has been granted. If it says "device isn't supported", permission has not been granted yet.

Meanwhile you could read this:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...r-xiaomi-mi5-unlocked-bl-only-released.31231/

i got the permission couple of hours ago via sms. when i login with my phone number and password it says device isn't supported.
does it take some time from the sms until the it will work?

i got the permission couple of hours ago via sms. when i login with my phone number and password it says device isn't supported.
does it take some time from the sms until the it will work?
You need China Dev ROM in order to unlock it. Flash that, then you will be able to unlock the bootloader.

- sent from my Mi5

Reactions: speedst3r
so i finally did it!
i changed the user name on my device from the phone number to my mail.
it worked.
then i used speedst3r's guide and finished!
thank you all!

Reactions: speedst3r