New Mi8 User

MiNoob

Members
Jan 16, 2017
Hello everyone i’be bought my first xiaomi phone after have been with Samsung for many years.
I’m a bit into the modding and xiaomi world because my girlfriend has a markw ( Redmi 4 Pro) where I must had to install the xiaomi.eu rom.

The Mi8 should come with the global rom, so you think that I should go with the xiaomi.eu or stay with the original rom?

Thanks

Could I have any issue with bank app?
What is the right procedure to go from global to .eu?

I don't have any issues with my bank app. As for installation follow the guidelines in the rom release thread.

Latest info man, must i install the china rom before install the .eu if i have the global?
Have you the link with all the information?
Thanks

I think you can install without problems, my MI 8 was from China but with a global rom in it (russian global rom) and unlocked bootloader, i just installed twrp, wiped the data and installed the stable EU rom and worked. I dont have any link now but if you search the forum im sure there's a lot of threads that can help you out.

I must wait 360h (15Days) to unlock the bootloader, so i have all the time to check but i remember that flashing a .eu on a global could give a bricked phone