New Music Player (1.4.8)

I'm thinking that might be the problem, but I'll need to check. I'll play around more with the app today, and check my ID3 tags and see what's going on. Thanks.

EDIT: I checked my ID3s and they're all clean. This morning, everything was in a random-ass order like I had shuffle on or something. I can't seem to figure it out. I have no idea how it's sorting the songs.

It seems to be very finicky with ID3 tags. Even something as simple as a comment in a tag can cause it to not sort properly.

I've had several albums on my phone where it sorted some songs by name instead of track number just because those particular songs had a comment even though all of the album's ID3 tags matched otherwise.

I suggest going through the incorrectly sorted albums and removing all comments from the tags, and make sure that each song has identical tags. The only things that should be different between each tag are the song title and track number. The rest of the tags should be literally identical, otherwise the music app might not sort it correctly.

I'll dig a little deeper into the ID3 tags tonight. It's just weird because every time I select an album, the songs always come up in a different order; there's no consistent pattern to it. Thanks for your help.

It has nothing to do with your album artwork resolution, the miui dev team has admitted it's their problem, but no timetable of when this will be fix though