New owner with no skills

t3k1lla

Members
Mar 1, 2019
Hi,

I've bought redmi note 7 with Chinese rom and I think you have European rom.

So I want to know if someone can help me to install it.

I don't want to root my phone just be able to put French and delete all Chinese app and have working gps.

So which rom have I to download and do I install it?

Thanks a lot for your help

i've read and if i understoof well i have to root phone... but is there a way to install eu rom wihtout rooting?

i don't need root plus some apps won't work good with root (banking app doesn"t want me to use fingerprint with root etc.)

thanks again for reply

Oh by the way does this rom fix gps issues? I had to use it today to find hotel and t GPS never fixed

Last question, when redmi note 7 will have global rom, I will be able to install the official rom?

Or the xiaomi eu weekly rom is official one? I guess not but not sure

Ota means I'll be able to update without wiping all datas with internet ? In parameters / my device once I installed first rom?

That's great! I'll backup my datas and install the rom!

I'll come back to say more about gps issues I hope I will be able to use it, it's really annoying how it doesn't work with original rom

Reactions: iamme729
hello i'm back

so here is what happened

i opened developper mode and click on unlock OEM

i downloaded mi unlock but can't unlock because my phone number is not associated

so i tried to add my phone number to my account but it says it's already in use so i try to log on with phone number but mi says i must receive sms code i never received

i tried many times now i can"t until tomorrow

i don't know why my phone number is used (i don't remember having used it for another mi account)

so tomorrow i'll try again but is there a way to completely delete mi account? i'll do it with the one associated with phone number and being able to ass it with the one i'm using now

Problem is I can't

Miui account tells me it sends code to prove it's me but received nothing... Since yesterday

Reactions: iamme729
Mine not. When I start navigation it get stuck not following my road.

I tried to switch from lte to 4g as I saw it... Need to test

Apparently could be a gps.conf file problem.

Is the miui eu rom available here fix this file? Someone provided solution but need to root the phone to be able to change de conf file but if it is included in rom it will be better

Hello, i'm back

i've installed fastboot tmps and eu rom

but when my phone boot it asks me password and i don't find it... can someone help me please? i read a topic here about that but i don't understand what to do :( :( :(

thanks