New to this - Mi11 Ultra

Barks

Members
Oct 5, 2021
Hi guy's Im new to this, can someone explain to me why updates arrive weekly and the need to software update so frequently?

Thanks

Jason

The weekly version is a test (development) ROM. That's why it comes out every week. Whether you update every week or not is your choice. It is not an obligation.
If you do not want to be a tester, install Stable ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
The weekly version is a test (development) ROM. That's why it comes out every week. Whether you update every week or not is your choice. It is not an obligation.
If you do not want to be a tester, install Stable ROM.
OK thank you for clearing that up. So there is no substantial benefit to the weekly? Perhaps I will start installing the stable ROM.

Thanks

I have tested both of them, and stable one was my choice because weekly ROM gives some issues in 1920 fps slow motion mode in my Mi 11 Pro.

I have tested both of them, and stable one was my choice because weekly ROM gives some issues in 1920 fps slow motion mode in my Mi 11 Pro.
Right... From what I've read going back to stable will require a reset... Not sure if I'm willing to do that.

If you have the weekly ROM, you can install stable ROM by fastboot, with format data option. This is how I did, and it works perfectly.

Remember to do a backup before installing it!

If you have the weekly ROM, you can install stable ROM by fastboot, with format data option. This is how I did, and it works perfectly.

Remember to do a backup before installing it!
But that is like starting with a blank slate right?
I would have to re log into everything again. Last time I synced the phone and re installed a back up lost valuable notes

But that is like starting with a blank slate right?
I would have to re log into everything again. Last time I synced the phone and re installed a back up lost valuable notes
Yes, it's a new install. Everything will be erased.

Last edited: