New Xiaomi MI2S keep restarting

REFINED

Members
Jan 30, 2014
Hello.

Yesterday ive got my new Xiaomi, but its broken. Every launch after 1-2 minutes phone is restarting. Sometimes its restarting immediately after loading system. When it finally load system, and i wont touch it, phone works, but for example when i'll unlock him and open something... then restart. I even tried to change to clean stock xiaomi miui, but its still not working. What is wrong with this phone ?

Link to video showing problem:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmd5b678q0exirp/VID_20140130_155633.3gp

Is that a MI2 or is it a 2s? If its a 2s, is it a legit one? Although I have never seen a Xiaomi other than my own 2s, which arrived just a week ago, its different. The bootup logo is just a small MI logo (about the size of the logo on the left upper corner of the phone) and during booting there is an animation turning that logo 'gold'. That's it. Not the big twirls I see in your video. Where did you order it from? Can you check for to extra 'pins' on your simcard reader? Most fake ones don't have those two pins (they are for recovery reasons I believe).

What software version is on there? Try to flash CWM and then do a full wipe, download the rom from http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/4-1-24.23399/, transfer it to the phone, and do a full-wipe and flash that rom. During the first next OTA (released weekly) the CWM will be replaced with the stock recovery, and your phone should be completely 'stock' again after that.

It just looks completely different than my mi2s.

Yes, it is legit one :).

Actually now i have CWM, and i installed MIUI from official Polish website, its 4.1.24, i did full wipe etc etc, and problem still exist.

Just to make sure, you are booting from the same system partition you flashed too? What does your bootanimation look like now? Assuming the polish forim doesn't have it's own rom versions with different bootanimations, there should definitely be a mi logo until done booting rather than that animation I saw in your video.

If it still keeps crashing when you are sure you are booting 4.1.24, I'm afraid there's not much you can do. Stock rom, stock kernel, what more could you do? File for waranty. (good luck with that...)

Yes, im booting from system1. At the beginning there is normal MI logo, then there appears medium logo of "MIUI POLSKA". Yes it's still crashing and i'm little afraid to send it for guarantee repair or something, because its just like to send some1 a gift... Thats why i'm gonna try to get a refund or something if its impossible to repair.