Newbie update to Mi 11 Pro to MIUI 13

Spliffthug

Members
Feb 19, 2022
Hi I'm new and I bought last year a Mi 11 Pro from a terrible seller, let's call em TS. They flashed your Custom Rom via TWRP. Now there are no OTA Updates cause of it's flashed via TWRP and I decided to update myself via fastboot. On a Video i saw on YT they say I should unlock before use the update script but I'm not sure if I could Skip this step because maybe my bootloader is already unlocked by TS. I tried a code in the Dial App to show me the bootloader status but it won't show any menu like it's supposed to do. Can anyone please tell me can I Skip unlock or should I do it first? And is it true that i will loose Google Pay via NFC if I update the Rom via fastboot?

If a custom ROM is installed, it means that the bootloader was unlocked.

An update with Fastboot won't specifically break the NFC feature, and I did not notice a wave if people with this issue.

Reactions: Spliffthug
If a custom ROM is installed, it means that the bootloader was unlocked.

An update with Fastboot won't specifically break the NFC feature, and I did not notice a wave if people with this issue.
Thank you very much for that fast answer. So i just need to hit the device in this fastboot mode an plug to my PC and start that update script, right? Or do i need to install something like drivers to my PC before?

Im stuck on this step:
-> eg "cd c:\adb" hit RETURN and type "dir"
if i do it it says something like "not found" and i dont know whre the installer installed the drivers

Update: I screwed all day long with it and i just cant get it working ... it seems that my old potato-PC dont like that ADB Installer 1,46 nor 1,43 so the only one that let me install it sucessfully was 1,30.

Still it seems that my Mi11P wont connect cause everytime i type "fastboot devices" in Powershell it wont show my phone ... therefor i cant update.
Right now im so full of it i need a break ... maybe ill try later or sell that stupid piece of shh ... right now im really regreting not buyin a 1+.

Last edited: