NFC

I don't have the knowledge to help, but maybe you want to provide more information about your current ROM, your modifications (root, removed apps...) and a more clear title "NFC" does not say anything about your Google pay issue.

I don't have the knowledge to help, but maybe you want to provide more information about your current ROM, your modifications (root, removed apps...) and a more clear title "NFC" does not say anything about your Google pay issue.
What do you ROM. The issue is NFC was working fine since I had the phone then all of sudden it's stopped working, so when I tap and pay when NFC is on it now doesn't scan on the card terminals at all.

I also did an NFC CIT test and placed the card behind the top of the phone as instructed and the device vibrated as if NFC is working but at a card terminal in a store it does not work.

My Google Pay still works perfectly. My last Google Pay payment was on 12 November.

Mi 12 Pro (MIUI 13.0.41.0.SLBCNM)

You may clear the app data (clear all) and try again. If it doesn't work, clear app data, reinstall, and try again.