No 5G in dual sim

dakmary

Members
Sep 15, 2020
As the title says, I immediately loose 5G once I enable the second sim. Once I disable it, 5G is back on. Too bad as I usually use one sim for calling and the other for data. Is there a fix?

BTW the 5G speed I get is around 600-700mb

tahagamal

Members
Aug 29, 2020
All 5G devices with Qualcomm processor have the same issue

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

slawkoc

Members
Sep 10, 2020
I will write by a nexample on Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G China variant, rooted, with enabled QXDM diag port.

In EFS there is a file china_msim_restrictions.xml which contains the following section:

<rf_band_list ns="global" name="post:disable_NR_bands">
<gw_bands base="current" />
<lte_bands base="current" />
<tds_bands base="current" />
<nr5g_sa_bands base="none" />
<nr5g_nsa_bands base="none" />
</rf_band_list>

<if>
<all_of>
<subs_is_active subs="this" />
<subs_is_active subs="other" />
<not> <location_mcc_in list="post:china_mccs" /> </not>
</all_of>
<then>
<rf_bands list="post:disable_NR_bands" />
</then>
<else>
<rf_bands list="post:default_bands" />
</else>
</if>

which basically means, if you do not have China's SIM you will have 5GNR bands disabled

manudas

Members
Apr 16, 2019
I will write by a nexample on Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G China variant, rooted, with enabled QXDM diag port.

In EFS there is a file china_msim_restrictions.xml which contains the following section:

<rf_band_list ns="global" name="post:disable_NR_bands">
<gw_bands base="current" />
<lte_bands base="current" />
<tds_bands base="current" />
<nr5g_sa_bands base="none" />
<nr5g_nsa_bands base="none" />
</rf_band_list>

<if>
<all_of>
<subs_is_active subs="this" />
<subs_is_active subs="other" />
<not> <location_mcc_in list="post:china_mccs" /> </not>
</all_of>
<then>
<rf_bands list="post:disable_NR_bands" />
</then>
<else>
<rf_bands list="post:default_bands" />
</else>
</if>

which basically means, if you do not have China's SIM you will have 5GNR bands disabled

I also found this in another forum. If you feel like you want to investigate or look for more info:

Seems like Mi 10 5G (and more Xiaomi phones) have locked its 5G capabilities to only some networks. The configuration is in the file NON-HLOS.bin

If you open it with 7zip and go to NON-HLOS.bin/image/modem_prm/cfg/config/sm/cfg_sw/genericEU you'll find it.

Do you think it would be possible to remove this restriction?

Source (in spanish): https://bandaancha.eu/foros/no-conecto-red-5g-1740671

I posted it in this other thread https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/20-9-10.57356/page-7#post-561618 and Igor Eisberg answered me the following:

The path you mentioned is wrong, I think you meant NON-HLOS.bin/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs/mcfg_sw/generic/EU.
In any case, we're not modifying anything related to the radio/baseband, and unless you have some more specific details on how such restriction is safely bypassed, there's nothing to be done on our side.

Last edited:

mihalyn90

Members
Jan 8, 2017
Great news!! Do you have some source or webpage that explains the issue and what's xiaomi doing to fix it? I'd like to know more about it :)
From Mi 10 Lite :)
Officially Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro does not support dual sim... at least officially...

Troj80

Members
Aug 31, 2012
As the title says, I immediately loose 5G once I enable the second sim. Once I disable it, 5G is back on. Too bad as I usually use one sim for calling and the other for data. Is there a fix?

BTW the 5G speed I get is around 600-700mb
DELETED