No audio when using bluetooth voicedial

Dead-I

Members
Nov 21, 2010
I've noticed an annoying bug when using a bluetooth headset. After initiating a call using the bluetooth voice dial, all the audio on the phone stops working. I'm unable to hear the person on the other end and then after turning off bluetooth the phones audio (notifications, music, etc.) stops working, requiring a reboot.

The only way to avoid this is to make calls directly from the phone, which isn't the safest thing to do while on the road. I've come across a tread while looking for a solution that mentions a fix over at xda, but i've been unable to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dead-I,

I've noticed something similar to what you're describing, and it could be the same thing -- when using Bluetooth voice dialing, though the headset was used to speak the name, audio automatically switches from Bluetooth to "Handsfree" -- which is not handsfree at all, and requires the handset (no audio over Bluetooth, but if you pick up the handset you can talk, or you can switch it back to the Bluetooth settings). I've been looking for a setting to set Bluetooth as the default if a Bluetooth headset is connected, but haven't found one. bug?