No device ID, No IMEI, No sim, No wifi.

richyxiaomi

Members
Feb 1, 2020
Hi,

Can someone point me in the direction of fully restoring my phone to recover the sim and wifi and IMEI.

I tried flashing a global stable fastboot ROM, clean install. Gives me same issue.

Thanks.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi 8, unlocked. This is definitely a software issue, and not a hardware issue.

So would you mind to share the new information with us that let's you assume that you are not having an hardware issue?
You did already flash a tgz rom with miflash and expect more? Well if you would have a backup with all partitions....
And why is your issue so special that you open a new thread? Everyone who wants to help has to read two threads or you have to repeat every information.
What is the meaning of this procedure?

Reactions: LOLO9393
So would you mind to share the new information with us that let's you assume that you are not having an hardware issue?
You did already flash a tgz rom with miflash and expect more? Well if you would have a backup with all partitions....
And why is your issue so special that you open a new thread? Everyone who wants to help has to read two threads or you have to repeat every information.
What is the meaning of this procedure?

Ah yes. Sorry, is there any way I can delete my last thread? I made another one because old thread is redundant now.

My device doesn't have a IMEI, so that's why the sim and wifi aren't working, not because of hardware. I'm currently working on restoring the IMEI.

Ah yes. Sorry, is there any way I can delete my last thread? I made another one because old thread is redundant now.

My device doesn't have a IMEI, so that's why the sim and wifi aren't working, not because of hardware. I'm currently working on restoring the IMEI.
Give feedback for everybody knowledge.
Thanks

Give feedback for everybody knowledge.
Thanks

May I give some advice to you this time @LOLO9393? Do not expect too much. Who is not willing to adhere to the rules, will rarely give qualified feedback or even show gratitude. Those who don't expect too much will be less disappointed. ;-)

May I give some advice to you this time @LOLO9393? Do not expect too much. Who is not willing to adhere to the rules, will rarely give qualified feedback or even show gratitude. Those who don't expect too much will be less disappointed. ;-)
you know me, little. Don't read it first level.......
Enjoy!

Reactions: trahzebuck
Hi,

Can someone point me in the direction of fully restoring my phone to recover the sim and wifi and IMEI.

I tried flashing a global stable fastboot ROM, clean install. Gives me same issue.

Thanks.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi 8, unlocked. This is definitely a software issue, and not a hardware issue.
Google for Xiaomi Qualcomm mi 8 imei lost.

There are guides out there to help you in recovering your imei.

Sent from my MI 9 (Cepheus) using Tapatalk

Well, this guy did already post that the "lost" imei is his problem and that he's working on a solution.
Besides the way of posting, changing imei is a legal twilight-zone and should not be supported here.

Reactions: ridzalm
It's not about changing the imei but restoring it..
Flashing with miflash wil not work for restoring the imei.
At ts, you deleted the efs partitition?
Here you go:
Have Fun, and let us know when it's fixed
Good info. Bookmarking the url for future reference.

Sent from my MI 9 (Cepheus) using Tapatalk