No More Mipad Support?

Mipad 1 running miui 8.1 6.8.25, it's been solid so far!

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

try flashing with cwm, it worked for me, its like twrp always flashes the wrong partition...

Miui 8.1 on board xD, The only thing resist me is themes... i follow all tutorials but i cant make that work fine, i wanna change the icons ;/

Stuck on MI logo for a long time after the procedure of freeing space in sys. 1.

Don't know what's wrong.

You use the recovery twrp " multirom " ¿? i had same issue my first try becasuse i used other twrp

Mipad 1 running miui 8.1 6.8.25, it's been solid so far!

Solid? Interesting.

I say this because there have been reports (not just my own experience) that the Documents system app (key to a lot of file handling for many apps) is frozen and with the 4.4 version for Mipad 1 cannot be remedied by unfreezing.

This means that activities like sending emails with attachments and printing from web pages etc etc not possible.

Maybe your experience is different. This would be interesting to know if you can do these things with MiUi 8 on Mipad 1 which I cannot see how is possible until they get this fixed.

I imagine MiUi 8 on Mipad 1 will be last to get fixed since similar problems with MiUi 8 running Android 5 (but workable there).

Community support from now on buddy. Look out for LineageOS 13 and 14 (Android 6 and 7) over at XDA. Not MIUI though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Community support from now on buddy. Look out for LineageOS 13 and 14 (Android 6 and 7) over at XDA. Not MIUI though
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How realistically would that work given that Xiaomi have not released kernel sources?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-pad/help/mipad-kernel-source-released-t3498420

I have a pretty stable Android 6.0.1 MiPad right now using LineageOS 13.

Thanks. A few questions if you have a moment more.

Does the Documents App work? So you can print to pdf from apps like Chrome etc

Do the Accessibility Services work and persist after reboots? (Additional Settings / Accessibility / Services - for apps like Antivirus and Greenify etc)

Do you use your Mipad 1 / LineAge OS on a daily basis and are there any problems yet to be ironed out in your experience?

Does Rom Zip include gapps?

Dunno about office documents and printing since I'm not using the app and my printer's been broken for ages now.

I'm running Lineage 13.0 which is based on Android 6. So far, apart from the camera (which does not work on Lineage 14.1 either), everything works way better than any MIUI rom based (wasn't hard since miui on any given Mi tablet is a joke). Battery consumption is higher though (I'm running Foxy's kernel), but it's a trade off I take any day of the week.

With any CM/Lineage rom, it is standard procedure to self flash gapps.

I'll update to Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) soon.

Last edited:
Dunno about office documents and printing since I'm not using the app and my printer's been broken for ages now.

Hi

Nothing to do with any physical printer or Office app. Quite the opposite actually.

Do you use Chrome browser. Go to any web page and select 'Share' from 3dot option button at top right. Then choose 'Print' and then instead of Save to Google Drive select instead 'Save As PDF'

Also would be useful to know if Accessibility Services can be turned on. These can be found in: Settings/Additional Settings/Accessibility/..

Would be very useful to get information before going through hassle of changing Rom. I've only just recently downgraded to 7.3 from 8 after having believed all the wonderful things some people said about 8 when it turns out they were hardly using their mipad (if they ever had one in the first place)

Last edited:
Printing as pdf works fine (using Chrome Beta but I reckon it must be the same on vanilla chrome).

Here's the page of accessibility on my Mi Pad.

26ebf1e6c403cc00680dc7edd85de5d2.jpg

I've been very critical of Xiaomi about their tablet support, either on MIUI 7 or 8. That being said, going away from MIUI, it's been a blast. Not everything is perfect (camera doesn't work), YouTube's videos can be blurry if I have too many apps opened and battery life seems to be a bit worse but using the Mi Pad is finally what it was intended to be : a nice experience and not a chore.

Anyway, just make a nandroid backup before hand, then try the new rom, if it doesn't suit you, just revert back.

Printing as pdf works fine (using Chrome Beta but I reckon it must be the same on vanilla chrome).

Here's the page of accessibility on my Mi Pad....

Anyway, just make a nandroid backup before hand,

Thanks for Chrome save pdf confirmation.

Were you actually able to turn on Accessibility Services? The page you showed they are all off. For example if you want to use a VPN app that cannot be done unless you can actually OK turning on Accessibility Service for the App.

I've read that Nandroid backups from latest twrp version can be randomly corrupted so have gone back to version 3 just to be on the safe side.

I see there are quite a few versions of Rom now for Mipad 1 including Remix and something called foxy kernel - all somewhat confusing. Does highwaystar's rom use that foxykernel?

Last edited: