No Wlan And Bluetooth On My Redmi Note 2 Prime

Hans Happe

Members
Apr 18, 2016
Hi,
I am German and not familiar at all with flashing and so on.
I need help with my new Xiaomi Note 2 Prime, whicht I bought from xiaomi.eu.
The Android Version is 5.0.2. LRX22B, MUI-Version is MUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.10.16 Beta.
After starting the smartphone i can change language to german, I cannot change the region, the only possibility is China, further on I cannot connect to any Wlan for the google account. At the end i can use my simcard, I can use mobile connection to the internet, but both bluetooth and Wlan cannot be activated.
I hope someone can help. I would like most to activate bluetooth because i have a LG G watch with android wear which needs the bluetooth connection. Before I owned a UMI C1 smartphone with Android 4.4 and never had such problems at all.

Hi,
I am German and not familiar at all with flashing and so on.
I need help with my new Xiaomi Note 2 Prime, whicht I bought from xiaomi.eu.
The Android Version is 5.0.2. LRX22B, MUI-Version is MUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.10.16 Beta.
After starting the smartphone i can change language to german, I cannot change the region, the only possibility is China, further on I cannot connect to any Wlan for the google account. At the end i can use my simcard, I can use mobile connection to the internet, but both bluetooth and Wlan cannot be activated.
I hope someone can help. I would like most to activate bluetooth because i have a LG G watch with android wear which needs the bluetooth connection. Before I owned a UMI C1 smartphone with Android 4.4 and never had such problems at all.
Hello, I can not understand why, even I have had 5.10.16
In all cases you will need to update your phone, install the TWRP recovery, then you wipe data, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik, install the hermes ROM 6.4.14 and start again with your Google Account

Thank you for your advice. But...
1. Where can I find TWRP recovery?
2. Can I install TWRP like an app or in any other way?
3. Where can I download hermes ROM 6.14.14
4. How can I install it to my Smartphone?

I would really appriciate to get further help from you!

Thank you for your advice. But...
1. Where can I find TWRP recovery?
2. Can I install TWRP like an app or in any other way?
3. Where can I download hermes ROM 6.14.14
4. How can I install it to my Smartphone?

I would really appriciate to get further help from you!
Hello,
is the easiest way is Google: how to install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi Notes 2. (https://miui-germany.de/index.php?thread/9373-twrp-recovery-redmi-note-2/)
Do not worry about the TWRP version, although is old does not matter, when you install the .eu ROM will have already TWRP included.
You'll have to install it from Fastboot

When you've installed TWRP, go to the phone icon Tools, Updater, upper right click on the 3 dots and reboots into recovery. Find wipe, advanced wipe: wipe data, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik, these three put the saw and make swipe to the right. Quit with the bottom button on the left. Install the zip package, and read the rom hermes you previously put on the micro sd, this is a way
The ROM is here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762636000224

http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/1st-time-installing-rom.30872/

Last edited:
Hi Hans, here's what you do, step by step, from another thread that I posted in.

We're going to use the so-called fastboot method.

1. You need the following software - your phone is a "hermes", if in doubt.
* adb fastboot tools - google, download zip file, unzip to your pc (I use linux, but but it's the same principle for windoze and mac)
* TWRP_multirom-v2.8.4-mocha_signed.zip (you can use others, but this works fine)
* UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
* your chosen ROM.zip - I like global beta from here, but you could use any appropriate ROM, such as global 7.1.3 etc - just make sure you have the hermes version

2. Prepare your phone by going to settings/about phone and tap 7 times on the MIUI version. Then go to additional settings/developer options and check usb debugging.

3. Unzip and place only the TWRP image (either called recovery.img or twrp.img, or whatever you like) into the unzipped adb tools folder on your PC. You need not extract the entire content of TWRP_multirom-v2.8.4-mocha_signed.zip, just the .img file. You may overwrite any existing recovery.img in adb tools.

4. Place the superSU and chosen ROM on your PHONE in a suitable location so you can find it later - either at root or in download (for example).

Ready to go? Now we are going to install TWRP to the phone, so you can use it to root and then install the new ROM.

a. Power down your phone. Then, restart by carefully holding the volume down key and press the power button. When you feel the vibration, you can release the power button, but keep the vol down depressed. Your phone will boot into "fastboot" mode - a modified android icon will appear. Now, connect the phone to your PC with a usb cable.
b. On your PC, go to your adb tools folder, right click and open a terminal.
c. In the terminal, type "fastboot devices" - no inverted commas, you should see some indication of the phone being seen (because you are in developer mode as per 2. above)
d. then type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (no inverted commas; use whatever you called the .img in your folder - this assumes recovery.img). The TWRP image will be flashed to your phone using fastboot mode.

Now, you can type "fastboot reboot", or just remove the battery - get your phone to power off mode and unplugged from your PC. You are now finished with your PC - everything else happens with the PHONE only - make sure it is charged or plugged in for power.

Next - we're going to root the phone and then install the new ROM:

1. Power up your phone into the new TWRP recovery which has replaced the MIUI stock recovery. To do this, hold Volume up, then hold in power. When it vibrates (which can take 15 seconds), you can release power button, but it's very important to keep the volume up held in. It does take a bit longer than you think to boot into TWRP recovery - maybe a minute - so don't worry, just hang on with the vol up depressed. Your phone will boot into TWRP and you can start to do the good stuff.
2. Go to install on TWRP and a file list will appear. Navigate to your superSU.zip (wherever you placed it as per 4. above). Select it and swipe right as per TWRP. Clear cache and Dalvik afterwards when prompted.
3. Return to install by back buttoning in TWRP. Repeat the process with your selected ROM.zip, wipe caches and Dalvik afterwards. Note sometimes TWRP seems a bit slow, but just wait - it doesn't take more than 5 minutes at worst to place the files for the new ROM: - the actual installation takes place when you reboot.

[If you are struggling to boot into TWRP, try this - when you have completed the adb fastboot process, leave your phone attached to your pc and type: "fastboot reboot" (without quotes). As the screen goes black, hold in the Volume Up. This will boot to twrp. Rebooting completely uses a system root file that automatically reverts to MIUI recovery, on some (but not all) phones. Later versions of the EU weekly ROm include TWRP 3.0, replacing stock recovery, so this should not be an issue if you have a recent ROM.]

So, reboot your phone when TWRP tells you that you have finished - this WILL take about 5 minutes at best - you can remove battery or otherwise power down. Startup with power button; resist the urge to fiddle until the MI load has happened. The bar that shows progress slows down towards the end of the process, just before you are presented with a beautiful MIUI ROM without any of the super-irritating Vendor shaftware.

When you're up again, check under about phone and you should be up on the new ROM.

Have fun

Hi Hans, here's what you do, step by step, from another thread that I posted in.
Have fun

Thank you! Unfortunately I understand only railway station which means in german, I don't understand anything at all.
But this is not your fault, I think I have to move over to a german site in order to read the same in my native language.