Noob here. Need help with new Update please. Mi 10 Ultra

SunilStark

Members
Nov 9, 2020
I am in 20.11.5 beta on my Mi 10 Ultra. Now the new update is out. I have twrp. It shows the update on update app. Can anyone tell me what I have to do after I download it? Step by step please. It will be a big help. Thanks in advance

I am in 20.11.5 beta on my Mi 10 Ultra. Now the new update is out. I have twrp. It shows the update on update app. Can anyone tell me what I have to do after I download it? Step by step please. It will be a big help. Thanks in advance
Download ZIP file (if you confirm the update). Then boot into TWRP (e. g. power off smartphone, press both keys: VolumeUP and power key) then in TWRP go into Install and choose downloaded ZIP file. After installation is done you can just reboot to system.
Wait few minutes till the system will be loaded and that's all.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

Download ZIP file (if you confirm the update). Then boot into TWRP (e. g. power off smartphone, press both keys: VolumeUP and power key) then in TWRP go into Install and choose downloaded ZIP file. After installation is done you can just reboot to system.
Wait few minutes till the system will be loaded and that's all.

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk

I don't have to wipe cache and stuff??

Ive just gone to 20.11.11/12 on Ultra from 20.10.15 and now none of my file managers work... they'll open, and then close again after a few seconds. Have tried clearing cache & dalvik cache from TWRP and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the file manager (X-plore) but still closing.
Also happens on the phone's on File Manager?
Suggestions?

Ive just gone to 20.11.11/12 on Ultra from 20.10.15 and now none of my file managers work... they'll open, and then close again after a few seconds. Have tried clearing cache & dalvik cache from TWRP and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the file manager (X-plore) but still closing.
Also happens on the phone's on File Manager?
Suggestions?
Hey buddy. It's known issue. It's caused by using dual apps feature. If you have activated dual apps accounts then all other file accessing apps will not be able to read memory. So for now only fix is, remove all dual app accounts and delete dual apps data. And all file managers will work fine.

Reactions: BlueMeany
Hey buddy. It's known issue. It's caused by using dual apps feature. If you have activated dual apps accounts then all other file accessing apps will not be able to read memory. So for now only fix is, remove all dual app accounts and delete dual apps data. And all file managers will work fine.
In the meantime, I've ended up wiping the phone and am now in process of trying to reinstall from google backup. As far as I was aware, I didn't have any dual apps running (couldn't get that to work anyway, so was using an alternate Whatsapp to get both sims working).

In the meantime, I've ended up wiping the phone and am now in process of trying to reinstall from google backup. As far as I was aware, I didn't have any dual apps running (couldn't get that to work anyway, so was using an alternate Whatsapp to get both sims working).
if you wiped data and now you are restoring from backup probably apps wont work the same, you have to remove dual apps account and delete apk data, or just uninstall apps that aren't working and install again fresh