Noob question

ptesmoke

Members
Apr 17, 2011
Ok i must b an uber noob, my first time trying miui, where on earth is the app drawer?

Sent from my HTC Desire Z/G2 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Haha, there is no app drawer in miui, its like ios, all apps and folders are automatically added to the home screen

But you could download an alternate launcher like launcher pro or adw if you can't live without an app drawer

Sent from my HTC HD2 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Well that explains why i cant for the life of me find one lol. Thanks for the headsup, so if i download an app it will just show up on the home screen? Gonna take a while to get used to this, came from cyan 7.

Thnx for not flaming me dude...i realize it was prolly a very dumb question

Correct, when you download an app it should show up on an available spot on your on-screen.

No prob dude... I was there once, haha.

Well that explains why i cant for the life of me find one lol. Thanks for the headsup, so if i download an app it will just show up on the home screen? Gonna take a while to get used to this, came from cyan 7.

Thnx for not flaming me dude...i realize it was prolly a very dumb question

It will appear on the right-most screen. If the right-most screen is full, a new screen will be created, and the icon will be there. You will see the benefit of no app drawer when you uninstall an app by dragging it to the top of the screen instead of having to dig through menus to do it.

Really, I don't miss the app drawer at all. I recommend using folders. Just add one to your home screen like any other widget, and drag and drop your apps into it. I'm a huge fan of the folders.

If you absolutely need an app drawer without a 3rd party launcher, you can dump all your apps into one folder and put the folder in your dock. It's basically the same thing.

It will appear on the right-most screen. If the right-most screen is full, a new screen will be created, and the icon will be there. You will see the benefit of no app drawer when you uninstall an app by dragging it to the top of the screen instead of having to dig through menus to do it.

Really, I don't miss the app drawer at all. I recommend using folders. Just add one to your home screen like any other widget, and drag and drop your apps into it. I'm a huge fan of the folders.

If you absolutely need an app drawer without a 3rd party launcher, you can dump all your apps into one folder and put the folder in your dock. It's basically the same thing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Another option you might consider is taking your folder for your apps and putting in in the dockbar at the bottom of the screen. Stick it right in the middle and it'll feel exactly the same.

Awesome, think i got it figured out. Thanks so much for the tips guys. I must say the mood here and help is outstanding. Garunteed if i posted this in xda id get super flamed.

Again thanks for the pointers guys im workin on folders and tryin to organize things, i must say miui seems very polished and smooth. Its different and i think thats why i like it.

Once you get all your folders set up and whatnot, make sure you use MIUI Backup (just called "Backup") to do a backup of your desktop settings. It can also backup your wifi, sms, contacts, calls and more, but primarily, I use it to do all my desktop backups.

That way, in case you ever have to do a full wipe or anything, you're not screwed blue.

Sounds like a good idea , tho i usually do nand backups i will keep your advice in mind. So far im digging it, though ive found a few odd quirks. In this app itself when i scroll through threads it all goes black until i click the screen. Not a big deal but makes it hard to search. Also when i was in apn settings, i went to edit an apn and once in edit mode the text was white...impossible to see what your typing. Only other thing i noticed was in theme manager every theme is named in chinese??

So far i do like this though, very different. Battery life seems ok so far, at least with miui battery stats show the screen as top consumer, which makes sense, yet in cm7 the screen somehow never used battery power.....lol