Not Getting 4g Signal

Mi5 has serious LTE network drop issues since last month. 6.7.21 was last that worked for me. Since then the phone is not able to hold LTE network and it constantly drops.

This has nothing to do with LTE bands as the network supports same as Mi5.

This issue is reported in many forums including official xiaomi forums but ignored by devs so far.

LTE problems are also present on other ROMs, even on 7.x Global Stable. I'm on T-Mobile 4d network and very often when changing from 4g to 3g on certain location, the phone become unreachable on the network. There many reports on this issue on many other networks and countries. It is even more interesting that in some cases you can dial from the Mi5 but no one can dial to you. I have this video recorded and I can post it here.

When selected "Prefer 3g" no issues with network at all.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Very true, just disappointed that this is not getting any action from Xiaomi side. Completely ignored so far but I guess you get what you pay for. Your usual Chinese "flagship" that looks good and almost works but not quite.

This is my 3rd Xiaomi device but I'm seriously considering selling my mi5 online and let someone else deal with the issues.

Get myself One plus Three or Huawei P9 which is very nice and both should also function as LTE capable phone.

Note for users in Philippines.

Got myself Smart post paid sim card and now able to hold LTE network without issues.

This means the phone has some problem with specific frequency band Globe is using or some setting in Globe network that this phone can't handle.