Invalid Notification priority

Gmanman

Members
Apr 15, 2020
On the new weekly update (20.8.27)
On a mi9t pro
Used to have the ability to set notification priority for each app (minimal, low, high) to control if the apps notification show and icon on the notification bar or not.
That option seems to be missing

On the new weekly update (20.8.27)
On a mi9t pro
Used to have the ability to set notification priority for each app (minimal, low, high) to control if the apps notification show and icon on the notification bar or not.
That option seems to be missing
Yes, i can confirm this bug,its still present in 20.9.10 rom... its very annoying as i use battery monitor apps that i have to set trivial priority,,, and now can't at all

Sent from my Mi 9 Lite using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's clearly a bug with Xiaomi.eu ROM.
On my Mi 10T Lite I had that option on Global ROM and with Xiaomi.eu ROM (same version as Global) option is missing.
So this must be a bug with Xiaomi.eu ROM.
Is there a workaround for this ?

That's clearly a bug with Xiaomi.eu ROM.
On my Mi 10T Lite I had that option on Global ROM and with Xiaomi.eu ROM (same version as Global) option is missing.
So this must be a bug with Xiaomi.eu ROM.
Is there a workaround for this ?
Same version as Global? What are you even talking about? This setting is being explicitly removed in code by Xiaomi. Go look up the definition of a "bug". No, a bug is not a change that doesn't meet your expectations.

This setting is being explicitly removed in code by Xiaomi.

As suspected.
It's annoying from the moment you need it and the option is not available!
Though priority settings for some notification category that was set prior to the removal of the code seems to working tho! (Like I set to hide fkm battery notification).
Hope Xiaomi brings the option back or we get some workaround.

Mi 9T Pro ll Tapatalk

maybe it has to do with China vs. Global vs. EEA version.
On my Mi 10T Lite there was inital V12.0.6.0.QJSEUXM installed an it definitively was there.

WTF is Xiaomi doing? Stable MIUI 12.0.2.0-12.0.8.0 no longer have an unique collapsed view for notifications of minimal importance (that colorless with only 1 row), it's a regular truncated notification now. And it's also hidden on lockscreen automatically!
Xiaomi simply removed the condition and hardcoded false in SystemUI...

Java:
public void updateNotification(Entry entry, ExpandedNotification expandedNotification, ExpandableNotificationRow expandableNotificationRow) {
        boolean z = false;
        expandableNotificationRow.setNeedsRedaction(false);
        boolean z2 = this.mNotificationData.isAmbient(expandedNotification.getKey()) && !expandedNotification.getNotification().isGroupSummary();
        boolean z3 = this.mNotificationData.get(entry.key) != null;
        boolean isLowPriority = expandableNotificationRow.isLowPriority();
        expandableNotificationRow.setIsLowPriority(false);  // <-- here
}

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: jackjsa and Poney70
Is notification priority even there on MIUI 12.5? Looks like Xiaomi releases ROMs in the middle of transitioning from old Importance option to something new.

I got MIUI 12.5 20.12.28 on Mi9T/android11. Still there no notification importance setting.
It's really annoying some background apps' constant icon occupying my status bar and I can't minimize them. From first Android11 update.

Reactions: HadiET
Anybody found a workaround for this annoyance?

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk