Notifications on Always On Display not working

ykcorse

Members
Mar 16, 2012
Just flashed the Xiaomi.eu ROM yesterday on my new mi8 SE and the notifications for whatsapp don't seem to show in the AOD display. They were working on the previous ROM I had. Is this something which hasn't worked for a while? Thanks!

Last edited:
you have to switch on Ambient display to have AOD working :)
since you didnt mention, i assume you r with 8.9.20 ;)

That makes sense, as the Ambient Display option doesn't show for me on 8.9.20 (under Display settings), does it show for you? I tried "enabling the lockscreen for notifications" under the lockscreen settings, but that didn't change anything.

I have the same issue with receiving Whatsapp and other notifications on AOD. Problem has been since 8.9.6 and I'am on 8.9.24 on MI 8. We have to wait for a new Rom to solve this problem..

I have tried downgrading to 8.8.30, wiping davik cache and formatting data, but the bug is still here. Maybe the bug was introduced earlier.

That makes sense, as the Ambient Display option doesn't show for me on 8.9.20 (under Display settings), does it show for you? I tried "enabling the lockscreen for notifications" under the lockscreen settings, but that didn't change anything.

thats weird, i have the Ambient Display under Display setting

Screenshot_2018-10-02-21-18-15-919_com.android.settings.png

It's weird, thanks for posting your screenshot.Maybe someone can explain it? Did I mention this is a mi8se?
Screenshot_2018-10-03-08-05-52-456_com.android.settings.png
Screenshot_2018-10-03-08-06-04-127_com.android.settings.png

on 8.8.30 the notifications are working, thats the reason I did not upgrade yet,
cause of the non working notifactions.

How did you get it to work and on which rom?
AOD notifications worked on MIUI Oreo global.
On PIE rom dosn't work.... :(

But they work on Havoc rom (now suspended for Oreo to Pie transition).
You can find more info here https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/development/prepare-t3841106
Is a real good rom, still in alpha/beta, but i used it for about 2 days without problems (also "Ok Google" works on Havoc, and notifications on statusbar).

If you want to see some screenshot here i've posted some:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77770342&postcount=79

Reactions: thongkh