Resolved Ok Google doesn't catch

alysonsb

Members
Jul 30, 2019
the function (ok google) is not catching, does not let enable

Miui.eu 9.11.7

--- MI 9 -------

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-13-20-57-08-407_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-13-20-57-08-407_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 214
Good old bug mate. For Mi9 Google Voice feature is still broken and I do not see any attempts to repair it since loooong time unfortunately. Seriously thinking about reverting to official stable rom.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Not so long, it was fixed and the it stopped working again. As soon as Google app enters deep sleep, voice match stops working.

Reactions: pablitojanno
The same bug exists on Mi9 stable 10.0.4.0 and 10.0.3.0. Strangely, on 10.0.2.0 it was working fine...
Can we have info from the devs on on what is the current situation with this? Maybe we are wrong?

Reactions: pablitojanno
I made a logcat for this bug/issue. Logcat here.

Phone : Mi 9 (Cepheus)
ROM : xiaomi.eu 9.11.22
Root : No

- Enabled Voice Match by sliding the toggle and followed the wizard to setup
- Said "OK Google" and the assistant popped up
- Said "Tell me a joke" and the assistant told me a joke
- Said "Tell me a story" and the assistant showed me a result, then automatically opened Google Play Books and starts reading
- Voice Match no longer respond
- Change language in 'Languages & input' from English (United Kingdom) to English (United States)
- Change language back to English (United Kingdom)
- Enabled Voice Match
- Said "OK Google" and the assistant popped up
- Said "What is my name" and the assistant said my name
- Said "Show me a website" and the assistant showed me which browser to open
- Said "Play me a song" and the assistant showed me which app to open
- Said "YouTube" and YouTube opened and starts playing a video
- Voice Match no longer respond

I notice that Voice Match will stop responding if the Google Assistant opens another app.

I hope this would help you guys to debug the problem.

The same bug exists on Mi9 stable 10.0.4.0 and 10.0.3.0. Strangely, on 10.0.2.0 it was working fine...
Can we have info from the devs on on what is the current situation with this? Maybe we are wrong?
I can confirm it was working fine on 10.0.2.0, then stopped working in 10.0.3.0 and 10.0.4.0

Would be great to have a dev answer on this...

Reactions: Gaspie