Only one notification icon in status bar, while the rest are all dots

sparksys98

Members
Nov 15, 2023
Only one icon is shown in the notification section of the status bar, even when there is more than one!
The rest of the notification are shown as dots instead of showing me the app icons of those notifications

How to fix this? I tried messing around all notification settings but nothing worked..
I've attached a screenshot for your reference.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-30 at 8.47.07 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-30 at 8.47.07 PM.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 582
Hi, i had it also yesterday out of nowhere, a reboot did the trick, now multiple icons again.

Xiaomi 13, the same problem.
Rebout doesn't help me.

I know before there was an option in Android to change number of icons on Status bar.
Maybe now is there an ADB command to change it?

New Poco x6 pro. Problem remains in HyperOs. Driving me crazy and nobody cares. It lasts in Xiaomi phones more than a year.

New Poco x6 pro. Problem remains in HyperOs. Driving me crazy and nobody cares. It lasts in Xiaomi phones more than a year.

Not sure about the other phones mentioned here, but for the Poco X6 Pro you have a choice of 1 or 3 notification icons in the status bar:

Settings - Notifications & status bar - Number of notification icons shown

Not sure about the other phones mentioned here, but for the Poco X6 Pro you have a choice of 1 or 3 notification icons in the status bar:

Settings - Notifications & status bar - Number of notification icons shown
No, no, no. Option "Number of notification icons shown" does not exists anymore. That's the problem. This option disapearred from Xiaomi phones about 1,5 year ago.

On xiaomi.eu ROM this option exists.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-01-17-43-52-737_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-01-17-43-52-737_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 337
Reactions: xJaju
No, no, no. Option "Number of notification icons shown" does not exists anymore. That's the problem. This option disapearred from Xiaomi phones about 1,5 year ago.

My answer was specific to the POCO X6 Pro, not all Xiaomi phones. My X6 Pro (global version, HyperOS from Jan 2024) has the option of 1 or 3 icons.