Opinion To Choose

carvalhon

Members
Feb 20, 2018
Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for accepting me in the community.

This is my first post, I and hope it could be the first of many, where I could learn and help someone.

I'm from Portugal, and looking to choose a xiaomi equipment. I really have some doubts, because all of them seems to be nice. I already saw some reviews, but I wanted to know the opinion of real users.

I'm basically an intensive user, with bluetooth, wifi and 4g always connected. Use smartwatch aind car bluetooth pairing. Use the phone mainly with professional email/calendar, internet browser, and in the free time, do some gaming. So battery is one of my main concerns, but also some speed to use it without lags.

My doubts are in this equipments:
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon or Helio)
Xiaomi Mi Note 3
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus

Regarding the missing LTE band 20, I live in a city. Should it be a problem?

Can you help with your opinions about these equipments?

best Regards
Nuno

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for accepting me in the community.

This is my first post, I and hope it could be the first of many, where I could learn and help someone.

I'm from Portugal, and looking to choose a xiaomi equipment. I really have some doubts, because all of them seems to be nice. I already saw some reviews, but I wanted to know the opinion of real users.

I'm basically an intensive user, with bluetooth, wifi and 4g always connected. Use smartwatch aind car bluetooth pairing. Use the phone mainly with professional email/calendar, internet browser, and in the free time, do some gaming. So battery is one of my main concerns, but also some speed to use it without lags.

My doubts are in this equipments:
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon or Helio)
Xiaomi Mi Note 3
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus

Regarding the missing LTE band 20, I live in a city. Should it be a problem?

Can you help with your opinions about these equipments?

best Regards
Nuno
Hi, I would recommend that you pay attention to new models, Redmi Note 4 (only snapdragon) Mi Max 2, Redmi 5, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi Note 3. MI A1.
1-Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon) screen 5.5 inches, he most balanced in its price, it's all good and performance and autonomy, but the old.
2-Mi Max 2 processor is the same as Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon 625), but has a large screen 6.44 inches and a very large autonomy, has the USB Type-C which is very convenient, fully metal case, cameras are better than Redmi Note 4.
3-Redmi 5 has a new screen format 18 to 9, screen size 5.7 inches, the dimensions of the case are almost the same as in Redmi Note 4, has a ne processor snapdragon 450, together with the phone comes a silicone case, there is a frontal flash.
4-Redmi 5 Plus also has a new screen format 18 to 9, screen size 6 inches, the dimensions of the case are almost the same as in Redmi Note, there is Quick Charge 2.0, full charge for 1 hour and 50 minutes, but with a smartphone sold a normal charging adapter, without fast charging, together with the phone comes a silicone case, there is a frontal flash, rocessor is the same as Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon 625).
5-Redmi Note 5 Pro has a new screen format 18 to 9, screen size 6 inches, new powerful processor snapdragon 636 this is a stripped-down version snapdragon 660, an excellent front camera with 20 pixels, double main camera that takes good pictures, good autonomy, smartphone introduced on February 14 for India, need to wait for the global version of the smartphone.
6-Mi Note 3 this is the flagship solution, everything is good in it, there is NFC, fast charging, excellent camera, excellent performance processor snapdragon 660.
7-Mi A1 screen 5.5 inches, works on a clean Android 8 Oreo, has the USB Type-C, fully metal case, double main camera, rocessor is the same as Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon 625)
All these smartphones are worth their money, they all have good performance, good autonomy, not one of the brands A does not offer anything better for this money, choose what suits you best, LTE Band 20 is available only on the global version of the smartphone, sorry for my english, used google translator

Last edited:
Reactions: iamme729
If battery life is most important go with MI A1...Although you don't have the MIUI UI experience it has an excellent battery life ...it also supports band 20 LTE.... 100 % Android ... Android One ....

Are you sure about the battery life of Mi A1? for what I read it is weakest than the ones I wrote.

Tks for your comments.

Hi, I would recommend that you pay attention to new models, Redmi Note 4 (only snapdragon) Mi Max 2, Redmi 5, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi Note 3. MI A1.
1-Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon) screen 5.5 inches, he most balanced in its price, it's all good and performance and autonomy, but the old.
2-Mi Max 2 processor is the same as Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon 625), but has a large screen 6.44 inches and a very large autonomy, has the USB Type-C which is very convenient, fully metal case, cameras are better than Redmi Note 4.
3-Redmi 5 has a new screen format 18 to 9, screen size 5.7 inches, the dimensions of the case are almost the same as in Redmi Note 4, has a ne processor snapdragon 450, together with the phone comes a silicone case, there is a frontal flash.
4-Redmi 5 Plus also has a new screen format 18 to 9, screen size 6 inches, the dimensions of the case are almost the same as in Redmi Note, there is Quick Charge 2.0, full charge for 1 hour and 50 minutes, but with a smartphone sold a normal charging adapter, without fast charging, together with the phone comes a silicone case, there is a frontal flash, rocessor is the same as Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon 625).
5-Redmi Note 5 Pro has a new screen format 18 to 9, screen size 6 inches, new powerful processor snapdragon 636 this is a stripped-down version snapdragon 660, an excellent front camera with 20 pixels, double main camera that takes good pictures, good autonomy, smartphone introduced on February 14 for India, need to wait for the global version of the smartphone.
6-Mi Note 3 this is the flagship solution, everything is good in it, there is NFC, fast charging, excellent camera, excellent performance processor snapdragon 660.
7-Mi A1 screen 5.5 inches, works on a clean Android 8 Oreo, has the USB Type-C, fully metal case, double main camera, rocessor is the same as Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon 625)
All these smartphones are worth their money, they all have good performance, good autonomy, not one of the brands A does not offer anything better for this money, choose what suits you best, LTE Band 20 is available only on the global version of the smartphone, sorry for my english, used google translator

Hi,

yes, all of them are great.

I excluded some of them because the size. I don't want it bigger than 155mm. Others have a weak processor, I prefer at least snapdragon or upper.

So, from your nice suggestions, my favourites are these Redmi Note 4, Mi Note 3 and Mi A1. But I think Mi A1 doesnt't have any better from Redmi Note 4, is more expensive and weak battery. For me, it only worthes because of the clean android SO.

Thank you very much for your opinion.