OTA updates using a TWRP script from TradingShenzhen

lukas1337

Members
Apr 28, 2021
I'm currently using a Mi 11 Pro with Xiaomi.eu Stable on 12.5.7, but the battery life is absolutely garbage for 5000mAh. So I wanted to try the Weekly ROM. But the TWRP version I'm using doesn't support OTA (I think) and I'm too lazy to update in twrp once in a week. So I found a tutorial from TradingShenzhen here which says OTA updates work with this rom. Has anyone tried it yet and can tell me whether the TWRP version works or not. And if so are OTA updates working in latest weekly rom?

I'm currently using a Mi 11 Pro with Xiaomi.eu Stable on 12.5.7, but the battery life is absolutely garbage for 5000mAh. So I wanted to try the Weekly ROM. But the TWRP version I'm using doesn't support OTA (I think) and I'm too lazy to update in twrp once in a week. So I found a tutorial from *************** here which says OTA updates work with this rom. Has anyone tried it yet and can tell me whether the TWRP version works or not. And if so are OTA updates working in latest weekly rom?
OTA via TWRP from Stable to Weekly rom doesn't exist (yet?) .
Forget your lazy dreams. LOL
Worst, you MUST FORMAT DATA before moving to weekly and take advantage of the Weekly rom OTA later.
Summary
OTA Stable to Stable =OK
OTA weekly to weekly=OK
No other cross.

OTA via TWRP from Stable to Weekly rom doesn't exist (yet?) .
Forget your lazy dreams. LOL
Worst, you MUST FORMAT DATA before moving to weekly and take advantage of the Weekly rom OTA later.
Summary
OTA Stable to Stable =OK
OTA weekly to weekly=OK
No other cross.
Yes I know I have to format data to switch from Stable to Weekly. But I only wanna do it if I get OTA updates. But you didn't answer my question regarding OTA on this TWRP versionn for Weekly

Yes I know I have to format data to switch from Stable to Weekly. But I only wanna do it if I get OTA updates. But you didn't answer my question regarding OTA on this TWRP versionn for Weekly
?
OTA are always done via TWRP.
Or I didn't get the question....

?
OTA are always done via TWRP.
Or I didn't get the question....
I think you got it wrong. The twrp version that I'm currently using doesn't support OTA because the install-update (at least that's what i think it's called) doesn't work properly

I'm currently using a Mi 11 Pro with Xiaomi.eu Stable on 12.5.7, but the battery life is absolutely garbage for 5000mAh. So I wanted to try the Weekly ROM. But the TWRP version I'm using doesn't support OTA (I think) and I'm too lazy to update in twrp once in a week. So I found a tutorial from *************** here which says OTA updates work with this rom. Has anyone tried it yet and can tell me whether the TWRP version works or not. And if so are OTA updates working in latest weekly rom?
1. TWTP currently does not support OTA updates.
2. If you use the rom weekly, then on every Friday you download the rom (rom xiaomi.eu supports downloading when you check for updates). Once downloaded, you just need to go to recovery (twrp) to update without having to reinstall twrp (meaning no computer needed).