Package Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidoTsubi

Members
Apr 6, 2020
I have a problem, when i want to install apks I have to default all the apks when they have a different name some way to select by default in all the apks the Package Installer

I have a problem, when i want to install apks I have to default all the apks when they have a different name some way to select by default in all the apks the Package Installer
What's your question again?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

my question is how can I leave the apks installation as default , Because any apk that is not of the same name I have to leave it by default (sorry for my bad English)

my question is how can I leave the apks installation as default , Because any apk that is not of the same name I have to leave it by default (sorry for my bad English)
I sincerely can't understand the question...

Probably what he meant was that he is unable to update system applications, a message says that "Unable to install system applications from unofficial channels"
This happens to me on ROM xiaomi.eu 11.0.2.0 QEDCNXM (stable)
I do not know how to solve?

Probably what he meant was that he is unable to update system applications, a message says that "Unable to install system applications from unofficial channels"
That's a security feature implemented by MIUI.
You can force install system apps using Terminal Emulator with the following command:
Code:
cd /LOCATION_OF_APK
su
pm install -r APK_NAME.apk

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: irismar
MIUI Package Installer doesn't allow overwriting system apps from unknown sources.
We keep and endorse this feature because we're sick and tired of people reporting bugs after tinkering with our modified system apps.
(Example: people insist on manually updating the MIUI System launcher and then complain about things like gestures not working as expected)
However you choose to override this restriction is at your own risk, we will provide no support for any issues this could cause.

MIUI Package Installer doesn't allow overwriting system apps from unknown sources.
We keep and endorse this feature because we're sick and tired of people reporting bugs after tinkering with our modified system apps.
(Example: people insist on manually updating the MIUI System launcher and then complain about things like gestures not working as expected)
However you choose to override this restriction is at your own risk, we will provide no support for any issues this could cause.
I understand, some apps on xiaomi.eu are modified, unlike the global rom, I thought that if it was updated maybe it could cause some kind of bugs.

Could you tell me when the next stable update will be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.