Password Lock Out Right From The Box?

Moehunter

Members
Nov 29, 2016
My new Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro 3GB/32GB Global Version arrived sealed in the box BUT the phone is locked with an unknown 4 digit password?

The phone is out of the box password protected and I'm locked out of accessing or setting up any of the phones features. Further the phone does not have a forgot my password feature to re-set the password?

The reset the phone feature on these phones is not installed or its disabled so when you try and reset the phone by pressing the power and sound + buttons it doesn't work and as the password locks you out you cant reset from the settings.

I set-up a Mi account thinking I might be able to re-set the phone but as none of the features are enabled on the phone and no SIM is installed or no phone number it appears it can not be done

This is really driving me crazy. . . moe

Last edited:
The Venders don't do Tec-support or fix phones as its cheaper for them to simply replace them. On the other hand Its expensive and time consuming to send the mobile back about a 6-8 week turnaround

I applied for the factory Boot loader unlock and will have the ROM professionally Re-flashed. . . Its just a risk you take when dealing with a Vender in China.