performance: 3.3.29 vs 3.4.12

cmadencan

Members
Jan 28, 2013
both roms in performance mode..

m37z3.png

I see no first image but i guess its higher bit.

How can xiaomi mi2 be faster from nexus 4 for exaple , both have same qualcomm procesor?
Is it chipset or software then that takes speed down?

I see no first image but i guess its higher bit.

How can xiaomi mi2 be faster from nexus 4 for exaple , both have same qualcomm procesor?
Is it chipset or software then that takes speed down?

These benchmarks are jus numbers to knw the performance we have to feel it..
Both nexus and MI2 has same specs so that perf also same..i dnt believe these benchmark number results..!

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Same processor doesn't mean same performances. Have to consider software and other pieces of hardware processor aside. I think galaxy s4 quad core scores some points less than the mi2.

What could it be in chipset, kernel or software that slows down points for nexus and other phones for example using same processing chips?
Qualcomm has all ram, wifi etc and gpu integrated in one?
So xiaomi has dong decent job if scores are way to decide.

Kernel would be the main factors. But unless the phone are identical as far as assembling goes you can't say they are the same.

Eufloria hd lags if you max out settings. There will always be a laggy game, it's just that most of them won't lag.

3.4.12 in normal mode...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366013402542.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366013402542.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 251
Well, the difference could be because newer versions of miui are a bit more resources demanding. A benchmark should be done on a just installed system without any modification apart from the benchmark app.

Sometimes benchmarks are only justifying an overall performance of a device, that including gfx tests and everything else.

It's possible for a phone with lesser benchmark to feel smoother in general (UI, tasking etc) and still score a lower bench. The Nexus4 for example.

Reactions: jmp
Sometimes benchmarks are only justifying an overall performance of a device, that including gfx tests and everything else.

It's possible for a phone with lesser benchmark to feel smoother in general (UI, tasking etc) and still score a lower bench. The Nexus4 for example.

+1

useless comparison...if you run the bench several time in a row you can get results much differents...