Phone freezes when starting

Li0n

Members
May 24, 2013
Hi,
I have problem with my Xiaomi mi2 phone worked fine for like two weaks, i was charging battery turning it off and on, everything was ok. But when battery was totally emty and phone turned off, ive charged it again and tryed to turn it on again, but. When i pushed the button just" MI "
"xiaomi.com"
appeared changed to orange color and nothing else happened.

Do you know what it may be?

Thank you for respond :)

Charge level less then %15; device can be damaged. Be careful pls.

MI 2 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Thank you for Your advice :)

I am new to android and xiaomi so what does this flash MIUI do to my phone? And can i do it even when i cant turn phone on?

Hi, flashing will reinstall the software on your phone, you can do this via your PC for when your phone does not turn on. Can you get into fastboot mode (Power+volume down)? If the answer is yes, then you're gonna want to follow this guide to flash with MiFlash:

http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/guide-flashing-rom-using-miflash.19287/

I have personally done this 2 times and it went well both times.

good luck, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Over-discharging Lithium-ion

Li-ion should never be discharged too low, and there are several safeguards to prevent this from happening. The equipment cuts off when the battery discharges to about 3.0V/cell, stopping the current flow. If the discharge continues to about 2.70V/cell or lower, the battery’s protection circuit puts the battery into a sleep mode. This renders the pack unserviceable and a recharge with most chargers is not possible. To prevent a battery from falling asleep, apply a partial charge before a long storage period.
Battery manufacturers ship batteries with a 40 percent charge. The low charge state reduces aging-related stress while allowing some self-discharge during storage. To minimize the current flow for the protection circuit before the battery is sold, advanced Li-ion packs feature a sleep mode that disables the protection circuit until activated by a brief charge or discharge. Once engaged, the battery remains operational and the on state can no longer be switched back to the standby mode.
Do not recharge lithium-ion if a cell has stayed at or below 1.5V for more than a week. Copper shunts may have formed inside the cells that can lead to a partial or total electrical short. If recharged, the cells might become unstable, causing excessive heat or showing other anomalies. Li-ion packs that have been under stress are more sensitive to mechanical abuse, such as vibration, dropping and exposure to heat

Hi,
I have problem with my Xiaomi mi2 phone worked fine for like two weaks, i was charging battery turning it off and on, everything was ok. But when battery was totally emty and phone turned off, ive charged it again and tryed to turn it on again, but. When i pushed the button just" MI "
"xiaomi.com"
appeared changed to orange color and nothing else happened.

Do you know what it may be?

Thank you for respond :)

Hi, I suggest you boot your phone to recovery mode, then chose to clear all data, then reboot. If this does not work, boot your phone to fastboot mode, then flash a new rom.

How to boot to recovery mode? Your phone is power off. When you press the power button, press the key "volume +" at the same time, release the power button when the screen lit-up, don't release the key "volume +" until the recovery mode display.

ok it was old topic,
but today i have had the same problem with my xiaomi3 phone after all battery is over(phone closed it self), i plugged to charger and tried to open my phone and this orange MI screen appeared and phone didn't started.
firstly i plugged off phone from charger and waited till screen became whole black(because screen is open and i know and it is using last breath of battery) after 30min i plugged it to charger again.
the first respond on phone was the red blinking signal but it that signal not usual as low battery signal(normal low battery signal like once second)but this red blinking signal like twice a second so fast.
after charging 10 minutes everything became normal and charging battery picture appeared and then i opened my phone just a normal.

last when my phone freeze with MI orange screen, this boot bla bla options didn't work,phone dont give any respond i tried every power, volume, home screen, combinations.

Last edited:
I suggest giving miflash a shot.

It is a Windows program which can reset your phone with original factory settings, including the radio and boot images.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S