Phone keeps turning off

matax91

Members
Sep 13, 2011
So I had this problem before on the 8.26 build and it was doing it like 10 times a day, so someone told me to update to the new version which I did but it is still shutting off on me.

Yestarday it did it to me 4 times

I have a Droid incredible

try to change your RADIO flash, it may help.
I had this issues some time ago on my NS. It was happening when I had cell data off, like at night than in morning I found the phone rebooted with the radio.dump file in SD root.
Check if u find this radio.dump files in yours if yes than try to flash different RADIO ROM(not FM Radio app !!) ;)
:cool:

How do I do this?

I get looking for that file but where will it be located and if it is there how do I got about flashing a new one, I'm assuming there are probably certain radios that work with miui and some that don't so I want to get the right one

if u looking for dump file that can be find in root of your SD card.
If u looking for RADIO flashable file and how to do procedure I would recommend you to go on XDA forums ;)
:cool:

How do I do this?

I get looking for that file but where will it be located and if it is there how do I got about flashing a new one, I'm assuming there are probably certain radios that work with miui and some that don't so I want to get the right one

Sent from my Nexus S using the miuiandroid.com forum app

So I had this problem before on the 8.26 build and it was doing it like 10 times a day, so someone told me to update to the new version which I did but it is still shutting off on me.

Yestarday it did it to me 4 times

I have a Droid incredible

Just a few thoughts...........

Make sure the ext3 partition on you sd card has not become corrupt. My experience with the new clockworkmod recovery (the 5.0.x.x series for the nexus one) is that it is corrupting the sd-ext partition in recovery when making or restoring backups. If your apps are residing in the ext3 partition and that is corrupt, it could easily explain why the phone is rebooting frequently. If all else fails, you can back up your stuff and reformat and repartition the card.

I know a few people thatvhad this problem with their HTC Evo 4G. Seems like the phone/battery was getting too hot for some reason and causing their phones to constantly reboot. The only fix they came up with was to send it in and have them replaced with refurbished phones.

Sorry this isn't more of an answer.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

I started having this problem today with my Droid X shutting off. Battery was fully charged and I pulled phone out of my pocket and it didn't work. Plugged it into car charger and it came on but once I made a call, it was off again mid-call. Once again, plugged it into charger and it turned on - and I shook it a bit to see if that was the problem and it shut off. I'm going to flash back to stock and see if the current MIUI may be the problem.

Never had any problems with previous builds before and I've been on MIUI since it was first ported to the DX...