Placed call in Phone app via Google Voice is displaying wrong number.

Mr. Sakkaro

Members
Oct 30, 2011
I have had this issue for a while, and this was one of the reason why I left MIUI.. I flashed MIUI rom last night, to see how it is, and problem still remains with the phone log.

When I call people via Google Voice, for all calls actually, It does not print the correct number in my contact. It prints pseudo-number of Google Voice instead, which makes my phone log incomprehensible. Is there any ways to make Placed call numbers on my phone log to display the correct number instead?

Thanks,

Stephen Hong

I haven't found a way, but this can actually be beneficial:

Since it's the same pseudo-number each time, I've added it to each contact as a custom category number, that category being "GV"

I can then SMS that number from the normal messaging app instead of Google Voice, but it will show on the recipient's phone as coming from my
Google Voice number. (I have unlimited SMS on my mobile plan, so I'm not worried about that)

This way, if I'm in an area with no data connection but there is mobile connection, I can still send SMSes with my Google Voice number. In addition, I often have problems with GV deciding to freeze up or just not send an SMS...this way bypasses that problem.

The same works with calls via GV, without mobile data. Just call that secondary number, and it will ring through as your GV number.

Do I wish there was a fix for the call log problem? Yes. But in the meantime, I might as well take advantage of it (I do wish, however, that T9 listed categories along with numbers, in case i forget.)