Playstore Error 963

Heldwin

Members
Oct 8, 2014
Hi,

I have install weekly ROM on my Mi Pad 2 but Playstore return error 963 when I want download application from playstore.
I have clear cache and dalvik and clear google play services data.

If everyone have solution :)

Thanks.

So for the Playstore works on Mi pad 2 I have done as :

- Install fastboot stable rom and install google play store/services ...
- Install dev rom with updater app -> Select update package - test play store it's work
- Root rom - reboot and test it's work
- Install TWRP - reboot and test it's work
- Install Xiaomi.eu ROM with TWRP without wipe - reboot and test 3 times it's work

So for playstore working don't wipe/factory reset

what to do if I did wipe?
flash from begining stable>dev>TWRP> and xiaomi.eu ? withot any wipe???

can I do little shortcut :
stable (from TWRP) and next xiaomi.eu without china dev and fastboot TWRP

Don't work for me.
Stable fastboot > dev via updater app > root > twrp > xiaomi.eu ROM via twrp.

Never do wipe and work perfectly for me. I don't try do wipe

Hi,
As I discovered there are 2 options how to get error 963:
1. If you flashed ROM with Intel tool
2. If you flashed ROM via TWRP with system partition wipe.

It's not possible to get rid of this error. You should re-flash your device threw fastboot with native Android for example, then TWRP, then any ROM (from here or official) with wipe dalvik+cache+data. NO SYSTEM PARTITION WIPE!!!!!!!
I can create step by step instruction if anyone require.

Hi,
As I discovered there are 2 options how to get error 963:
1. If you flashed ROM with Intel tool
2. If you flashed ROM via TWRP with system partition wipe.

It's not possible to get rid of this error. You should re-flash your device threw fastboot with native Android for example, then TWRP, then any ROM (from here or official) with wipe dalvik+cache+data. NO SYSTEM PARTITION WIPE!!!!!!!
I can create step by step instruction if anyone require.

I have 2 questions:

1) What ROM are people flashing through fastboot? When I download the Stable ROM from http://en.miui.com/download-296.html the file is not suitable for fastboot flashing with MIUI Flashing Tool.

2) When, what version and how are you installing Google Apps?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah... I can't put links here. Not enough posts... :( I'll PM you

P.S. Unable to do this in PM as well. :( Have no idea what to do...

Last edited:
Use this method for flash : Stable fastboot > dev via updater app > root > twrp > xiaomi.eu ROM via twrp.

Tried intel update tool , global > google playstore steps , still issues
Tried via cmd fastboot, global > google playstore steps , still issues and no working Google Play Store ... not even working on stable rom :-( ... I am lost as it was working perfectly on dev rom with play store but somehow in the steps to xiaomi.eu updates with it messed up and now stuck with no playstore :-(

How to fix error 963 in Google Play Store

I was getting this error while trying to update Hearthstone. The best solution has been to uninstall updates for Google Play Store from the App settings. Another solution is to unmount SD card before installation. However, I also got another error (907) which I managed to solve by applying the unmount SD card method.

Here are the complete steps: http://www.valuestuffz.blogspot.com/2015/06/how-to-fix-error-963-android-google-play.html

Last edited:
Heldwin, you sayed that we can installer the rom EU , but is available for mipad ??

is good for me , i have installed the rom eu but probleme with play store now ^^

If anyone still have 963 error, please write here. We can test more simple way how potentially fix this error.