Please Help Me With Your Rom Installation Via Twrp

wills

Members
Feb 9, 2017
Hi, Im very new to TWRP but familiar with CWM. I have the Redmi Note 4 MTK.
- I flashed CHINA DEV ROM with SP flash because I read that unlocking bootloader is possible only on China Dev.
- I have downloaded the NIKEL ROM 8.1.8.0 and also installed TWRP.
- I transfered the ROM ZIP file to the internal storage via USB.
- Reboot to Recovery Mode.
- Mount > and Ticked System
- Then clicked on Install
But I dont see my folders there. All I see is list of system files like SYS, SYSTEM, BIN etc etc.....

SO my question is How do I access my transferred ZIP file??

Sorry, I have no screenshots. Right now iam back to stock Global Stable. And also I think the bootloader is locked.

Someone, any solution??

When you reboot to TWRP just go straight to Install & then select your storage or folder you saved the ROM.zip in.
No need to go to mount anything.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

To check if bootloader is locked or unlocked go to:
Settings/About Phone/Tap Kernel Version 5 Times/Software Version
Scroll down to Fastboot Lock ...

9281d623704f65f2288240ab2ec5beb0.jpg

Lock = Locked
Unlock = Unlocked

thanks for replying. Even when i went in without mounting i dont see it.

So on the initial TWRP screen select: Install
Down the bottom left hand side is "Select Storage" & you can select Internal storage from there.

Which folder did you save it in?
I usually use an SD card for my zips but if I don't have an SD card I put it in /Downloads.

Reactions: iamme729
I just saw what u said and it says "fastboot lock state : unlock.

I saved it inside Download of the Internal Storage. I m not using any card since its a 64gig.

I just saw what u said and it says "fastboot lock state : unlock.

I saved it inside Download of the Internal Storage. I m not using any card since its a 64gig.

Yep so your bootloader is still unlocked.

So you can browse the download folder & see it's contents when the phone is on?
Can you browse the same folder within TWRP & see the contents also?

You can take screenshots in TWRP by holding:
Volume down & power.

Thats right, I can browse the folder when the phone is on but I dont see any such folder under TWRP?

Also I would like to know that the status "fastboot lock state : unlock.", is it really telling my bootloader is unlocked?

Thats right, I can browse the folder when the phone is on but I dont see any such folder under TWRP?

Also I would like to know that the status "fastboot lock state : unlock.", is it really telling my bootloader is unlocked?
You can take screenshots in TWRP by holding:
Volume down & power.

ok I will upload them in some time

Yes its really unlocked.

Hey I see my files now> I never realized that I could install TWRP right now when i am in Global Stable. Now that u told me my bootloader is still unlocked, I went and installed TWRP. Now I see my files . ;) Thanks a bunch mate!

Hey I see my files now> I never realized that I could install TWRP right now when i am in Global Stable. Now that u told me my bootloader is still unlocked, I went and installed TWRP. Now I see my files . ;) Thanks a bunch mate!

No worries, yeah TWRP doesn't care what ROM you have installed, only that the bootloader is unlocked.

Have fun!

Have same twarp problem. In twarp I never fond any zip file on SD or internal device. Using mounting or not.
Thé files are defenitly there.(phone mode)
I used otg using external connection.
After mounting i Found thé files.
Never on SD or internal storage.
There is defenitly a problem in twarp.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi there,

i have the same issue that i can not find my rom.zip for the update. if i do wipe there is an issue with mounting some folders. the internal storage is 0mb. the bootloader is unlocked, i can get into twrp, but no way to find my update files.

its not the first device i am doing that but first time this issue.

So i fixed that using the twrp file frome here
http://en.miui.com/thread-352104-1-1.html

Last edited:
Hi there,

i have the same issue that i can not find my rom.zip for the update. if i do wipe there is an issue with mounting some folders. the internal storage is 0mb. the bootloader is unlocked, i can get into twrp, but no way to find my update files.

its not the first device i am doing that but first time this issue.

Have same twarp problem. In twarp I never fond any zip file on SD or internal device. Using mounting or not.
Thé files are defenitly there.(phone mode)
I used otg using external connection.
After mounting i Found thé files.
Never on SD or internal storage.
There is defenitly a problem in twarp.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4 met Tapatalk
What TWRP recovery versions are you guys using?

That's thé version am using. 3.0.2.0
For redmi note 4 non SD is there are netter one
Is there are place tot find overvieuw forum redmi note 4.... Love you install a better version.