Please Help - Redmi Note 3 Pro

V Four Two

Members
Jul 11, 2016
Hello dears,
I'm new on this forum. I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 32/3GB in China, with Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 (not MTK). I therefore understand my reference ROM is Kenzo.
  • I successfully installed the latest China developer ROM
  • I successfully unlock the device with my MI account
Now I'm stuck:
  1. Impossible to install any ROM (package can't be verified).
  2. Impossible to boot in recovery mode.
  3. Impossible to install any TWRP.
  4. Impossible to install the Superuser.
Please any help would be highly appreciated!

1. Try to install using miflash: http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html
Start from "for normal flashing"
You will need a fastboot rom: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

2. Even if you' ve unlocked the bootloader officially, you don't get recovery. You need to install twrp

3. Which method have you tried? The easiest one I've found was this:
Put the phone in fastboot mode (volume down + power)
Download adb drivers
Download twrp from twrp.me
Copy the twrp .img file to the same adb folder where you have fastboot.exe
Rename the image file to twrp.img
Shift + right click in that folder and select open command window here
Command: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
When the flashing is finished, command: fastboot reboot
IT IS IMPORTANT TO HOLD VOLUME UP + POWER WHILE BOOTING
Phone should boot to recovery (twrp)
As far as I know, each time you boot to an official rom, you lose twrp. You need to change the rom's boot.img using android kitchen tool to avoid losing twrp. Or flash a custom rom such as xiaomi.eu but you should have an officially unlocked bootloader (unlock request sent to miui and unlock done with miflash unlock)

4. When you manage to install twrp, flash the supersu with twrp

Thank you for your help, but nothing does work...
1. Miflash doesn't work with that phone
2. I don't understand how to install twrp
3. adb drivers and fastboot command does nothing: failing when using the last commant 'fastboot reboot'
4. I don't understand how to flash the supersu with twrp
Please HELP!

Thank you for your help, but nothing does work...
1. Miflash doesn't work with that phone
2. I don't understand how to install twrp
3. adb drivers and fastboot command does nothing: failing when using the last commant 'fastboot reboot'
4. I don't understand how to flash the supersu with twrp
Please HELP!

MiFlash works fine with Redmi Note 3 (Kenzo), you just need to know what to do at first. In my opinion what you should do is:
  • Go to Security - Permissions - You will have a Root function - which will allow you to gain root access, hence, no need to root device via traditional ways.
  • In order to Install TWRP, download the APK for Flashify, install and grant Root Access - Launch Flashify which will ask you which recovery you want and by which mode to install it. I chose TWRP 3.0.2.2 or smth like that from Flashify
  • After you installed TWRP, it will ask you if you want to reboot in recovery - reboot - be sure you have the Rom and Supersu.zip in your device SD Card
  • Go to Wipe -> Wipe Cache, Davlik/ART and flash EU-Rom and after it's done flashing, select the other option, not Reboot System, and install SuperSU as well then reboot
This is pretty much what I've done and worked fine for me. If you want search this on google: "[MIUI DEVICE TEAM] Flash (Unbrick) Redmi Note 3(SD) with Locked Bootloader" and follow that tutorial for unbricking your device.

No root function in security - permissions any more

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/579dc15...-31-11-12-40-826_com.miui.securitycenter.png?

Correct! The Root Option is available only for China Developer Rom. I'm sorry if I wasn't specific on the steps, was trying to reach the Original Poster, and he already has China Dev Rom Installed.
If you have China Dev Rom installed, you will see something like this in yours:
granting-root-access-to-app-on-miui-7.jpg

If you don't see this option, means you're not on China Dev Rom or you need to provide more details.

Kind regards,

Ok, never used china roms so didn't know that. Sorry... :)

Redmi note 3 Pro (Kenzo)
There is no need to apologize. Think of it this way, if you know what you were supposed to do, you wouldn't have been here. You would've known already what to do and done it. But, this is one of the reasons we come here, to harvest knowledge and use.

In case of need, we are here for you. Just say what you need!

Kind regards,

Hello dears,
I'm new on this forum. I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 32/3GB in China, with Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 (not MTK). I therefore understand my reference ROM is Kenzo.
  • I successfully installed the latest China developer ROM
  • I successfully unlock the device with my MI account
Now I'm stuck:
  1. Impossible to install any ROM (package can't be verified).
  2. Impossible to boot in recovery mode.
  3. Impossible to install any TWRP.
  4. Impossible to install the Superuser.
Please any help would be highly appreciated!
Since you already officially unlocked the bootloader, tried this: http://en.miui.com/thread-296053-1-1.html
And read on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/guide-redmi-note-3-available-twrps-t3406708

From the link Timberwolf60 posted:
forum.xda-developers com/redmi-note-3/how-to/guide-redmi-note-3-available-twrps-t3406708
I could recommend Cofface TWRP, also installed on my device and didn't gave me any errors. Only use this when you unlocked bootloader the official way (but you did that, stated in the startpost). Installing this one works through the method MIUInewbie posted, only in the tutorial I followed, there was mentioned to rename not to twrp.img but to recovery.img. The statements in the dosprompt wil also change to recovery.img.

You know you also need minimal ADB and fastboot?: androidfilehost com/?fid=24521665358595410
And I used this TWRP image: drive.google com/uc?export=download&id=0B9O4F5W7jWBlV1hudnpHSU1PLUk

After installing this TWRP image, I have installed the xiaomi.eu rom with no errors. Went really smooth.

PS. I can't post links already, but this information is nothing without links, just put it together yourself.

The easier way to flashed twrp, used flasher toolkit 1.05: http://en.miui.com/thread-296053-1-1.html, I was using alka twrp which was a modified cofface version it have enf backup. I used it for flashing official miui rom: global dev rom, superSU.zip and exposed v86 by solarearez without problem.