Poco F3 and Poco F4 Updates

12Aposteln

Members
Nov 20, 2022
Hello everyone, I have a question please. Will Poco F3 still get many years of updates from Xiaomi Eu Rom including weekly updates? Or how much longer? And my next question is whether the Poco F4 gets weekly updates from Xiaomi Eu Rom? thanks in advance

I don't think even the Xiaomi.eu team can answer precisely, because the ROM is based on the Xiaomi releases.

Xiaomi promise to support phones for 2 years. Poco F3 is 1 year and half old, so you can expect a few more months.

About weeklies, the system is about to change, so it is hard to answer. I would expect a similar duration, but we don't even know which phones will get them.

Reactions: Birraque
I don't think even the Xiaomi.eu team can answer precisely, because the ROM is based on the Xiaomi releases.

Xiaomi promise to support phones for 2 years. Poco F3 is 1 year and half old, so you can expect a few more months.

About weeklies, the system is about to change, so it is hard to answer. I would expect a similar duration, but we don't even know which phones will get them.
ok ty very much for your answer.

Hello everyone, I have a question please. Will Poco F3 still get many years of updates from Xiaomi Eu Rom including weekly updates? Or how much longer? And my next question is whether the Poco F4 gets weekly updates from Xiaomi Eu Rom? thanks in advance
I agree with @JiaiJ that Poco F3 will be updating for a few more months by Xiaomi. But I'll try to aggregate my best guess on it.
As far I remember from some Xiaomi's statement the Poco F3 will receive two full Android upgrades and four main MIUI also. Then Android 11 => 12 and 13 & MIUI 12 => 12.5, 13, 14 and 15.
If I'm right the F3 will be part of .DEV flavour until Q2/Q3 2023 (2 years) and then will receive the last MIUI 15 Stable build based on Android 13 with some occasional security updates by Xiaomi.
Xiaomi.eu probably will follow the same way since it's based in the CN version.

Note: Poco F4 (Global) and Redmi K40S (CN) hasn't the same hardwareb then Xiaomi.eu probably won't provide Weekies for this model.

We have confirmed with a tester that, as of now, the camera blobs from Android 12 still work with Android 13, so we won't have any issues with releasing ROMs, unless that fact changes with future official ROMs.