Poco F4 GT showings as a Pixel 2 on Google Account under under security devices.

pipestek

Members
Oct 3, 2022
Hello,

Google showing wrong device name...​

After flashing this rom it shows as a Pixel 2 on Google account devices logged in instead of showing as a Poco f4 gt is this normal? Does anyone else experience this ? What is the reason if is normal?

Thanks

The name Pixel 2 is intentional. It is used for the proper functioning of SafetyNet.
Because Google is using forced hardware attestation on newer devices so the workaround is to rename the model to pixel to pass SafetyNet

Next time use the "search" function instead of starting a useless thread.

Reactions: pipestek and JiaiJ
The name Pixel 2 is intentional. It is used for the proper functioning of SafetyNet.
Because Google is using forced hardware attestation on newer devices so the workaround is to rename the model to pixel to pass SafetyNet

A point to mention, spoofing the model alone isn't enough, so it's only 1 part (out of 3, if I remember correctly) for our SafetyNet workaround.

Good morning
I did searched here and there was only one result that came back https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/google-showing-wrong-device-name-on-9-10-10.52723/

It was for a different device I believe an older model from 2019 or so but nothing related to the recently released Poco f4 gt.

I personally think it's not 100% useless post tbh as other people that have the Poco f4 gt may find this one useful once they search for it.
There is not much information related to our devices anywhere really.

I guess I was just a bit thrown away by the fact that it was showing a device released in 2017 is all.
And that one thread I found was showing the same device just one older model from the same year.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply you guys it really makes me feel way better knowing this.

I appreciate your time 110%

Reactions: PeaceOne
A point to mention, spoofing the model alone isn't enough, so it's only 1 part (out of 3, if I remember correctly) for our SafetyNet workaround.
Hello
Good to know thanks for explaining it.
What are the other 2 if you don't mind me asking?

Since I don't want them to get patched by Google the next day, I'd rather not go into the technical details. Let's just say that the other 2 parts are not normally visible to the user anyway.
I understand completely
I was thinking would be so cool specially for us in USA a way to be able to repair the IMEI of poco and Xiaomi devices that are not certified with Verizon and at&t wireless carriers and can't be used with them and make them think is a different certified device with their network by modifying the IMEI once you insert the simcard they think the device is let's say a Samsung, Google or any certified white listed device on their network so we can freely choose our preferred network carrier.
Currently Xiaomi and poco devices only work with T-Mobile USA.

I understand completely
I was thinking would be so cool specially for us in USA a way to be able to repair the IMEI of poco and Xiaomi devices that are not certified with Verizon and at&t wireless carriers and can't be used with them and make them think is a different certified device with their network by modifying the IMEI once you insert the simcard they think the device is let's say a Samsung, Google or any certified white listed device on their network so we can freely choose our preferred network carrier.
Currently Xiaomi and poco devices only work with T-Mobile USA.
Changing the IMEI of a device is illegal in Europe. Not sure about the USA, but this is not a topic for discussion on our forum.

Changing the IMEI of a device is illegal in Europe. Not sure about the USA, but this is not a topic for discussion on our forum.
Oh no didn't know that. But what should be illegal here is wireless providers imposing and dictating what type of mobile devices we use in their network here in USA. Is just a way for them to protect the big three..