New [POCO X3 NFC] The system reboot when turn on auto rotate screen

hungtrieu07

Members
Dec 18, 2022
I'm just install MIUI 13 (V13.0.1.0.SJGMIXM) yesterday. Everything working well except when I turn on auto rotate screen and horizontal rotation the phone, the screen immediately turn black and after 10 seconds, the MIUI logo appear. The bug keep happen until I turn off auto rotate.

I can see the error, but not why it happens. Could be a Global ROM issue, or a hardware sensor issue. No idea.
Code:
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: android.ui
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.rotationresolver.RotationResolverInternal.resolveRotation(android.rotationresolver.RotationResolverInternal$RotationResolverCallbackInternal, java.lang.String, int, int, long, android.os.CancellationSignal)' on a null object reference
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): 	at com.android.server.wm.WindowOrientationListener$OrientationSensorJudge.onSensorChanged(Unknown Source:207)
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): 	at android.hardware.SystemSensorManager$SensorEventQueue.dispatchSensorEvent(Unknown Source:83)
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): 	at android.os.MessageQueue.nativePollOnce(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): 	at android.os.MessageQueue.next(Unknown Source:17)
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): 	at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Unknown Source:6)
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:76)
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(Unknown Source:28)
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): 	at com.android.server.ServiceThread.run(Unknown Source:12)
E/AndroidRuntime(31987): 	at com.android.server.UiThread.run(Unknown Source:8)

I have the same error in my POCO X3 PRO, it's truly annoying, and it's almost impossible to use for some time. Not only rotating phone, but also when opening some games that uses accelerometer at opening, and even when screen is off but mobile is at movement, or resting on the table playing music. It is anytime. The problem started with the older version (Android 11/ MIUI 12) and factory reset the phone didn't solved the problem. Updating to Android 12 with MIUI 13 did not change anything. NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO FIX. It's an UNSOLVED PROBLEM for Thousands of people, it's a SHAME for Xiaomi and if a fix will not be released soon (a whole year past already) I will NEVER buy a Xiaomi again, it will be blacklisted by me and my channel viewers forever. This is truly a disrespect with the consumer.

… it's a SHAME for Xiaomi and if a fix will not be released soon (a whole year past already) I will NEVER buy a Xiaomi again, it will be blacklisted by me and my channel viewers forever. This is truly a disrespect with the consumer.
Here is not Xiaomi, so nobody here cares about your blacklist.

Here is not Xiaomi, so nobody here cares about your blacklist.
It was not addressed to you, anyway. And yes, people do care and will do the same with Poco/Xiaomi. They are all here for the same reason, an unsolved problem. If YOU do not care, speak for yourself.

It was not addressed to you, anyway. And yes, people do care and will do the same with Poco/Xiaomi. They are all here for the same reason, an unsolved problem. If YOU do not care, speak for yourself.
You seem to be slow on the uptake: HERE IS NOT XIAOMI, but a forum for a CUSTOM ROM. Do you understand now?