Poco X3 Pro ROM without Poco Launcher?

betagamer33

Members
Apr 20, 2021
Hello! Sorry to bother everyone, but I'm new to this. I got a Poco X3 Pro and I came from a Redmi phone before it.
I don't like the Poco Launcher. I thought of trying the EU ROM, but I'm not sure if it has Poco Launcher or not.
So, could you anyone confirm if it does? And if it does, is there a ROM that doesn't have Poco Launcher or is there a way to remove it and have the full fledged Mi Launcher instead?

Oh, final small question, does Xiaomi.Eu ROM contain the Mi Dialer? As I don't want to lose call recording functionality.

Thanks in advance!

Currently our Global-based ROMs for POCO devices come with the POCO Launcher, but we're considering to replace it with the MIUI System launcher, as it would be even beneficial to us having to maintain a single launcher instead of two.
As for the dialer, yes, our ROMs come with MIUI Contacts & dialer app, not the Google Phone app.

Currently our Global-based ROMs for POCO devices come with the POCO Launcher, but we're considering to replace it with the MIUI System launcher, as it would be even beneficial to us having to maintain a single launcher instead of two.
As for the dialer, yes, our ROMs come with MIUI Contacts & dialer app, not the Google Phone app.
Starting from which version will the System Launcher be used?

Oh, one more thing. Does Xiaomi.Eu require rooting my device? I just want to know if it would void my warranty.

Starting from which version will the System Launcher be used?

Oh, one more thing. Does Xiaomi.Eu require rooting my device? I just want to know if it would void my warranty.
I said that we are considering... We don't give any ETAs.
Root is not needed, but the bootloader has to be unlocked to flash a custom ROM.
Not really my place to speak for your warranty provider, but you can always flash an official Global/EEA ROM and relock the bootloader in case you want to get a repair under warranty. Shouldn't be any problem with that.

Reactions: betagamer33
I said that we are considering... We don't give any ETAs.
Root is not needed, but the bootloader has to be unlocked to flash a custom ROM.
Not really my place to speak for your warranty provider, but you can always flash an official Global/EEA ROM and relock the bootloader in case you want to get a repair under warranty. Shouldn't be any problem with that.
Thank you, looks like I found my next ROM here.

I'm sorry if I'm being a bother, but one more question. Do I receive updates via OTA or do I have to manually flash tge updates?
If there's OTA, does it include major updates and releases, as well?
If not, does flashing new updates removes all my data on the device?

Last edited:
Do I receive updates via OTA or do I have to manually flash tge updates?
Yes, we have an Updater app with OTA support.

If there's OTA, does it include major updates and releases, as well?
I don't know what you mean by "major", if you're on Stable then you get only Stable updates, if you're on Weekly then you get only Weekly updates.

If not, does flashing new updates removes all my data on the device?
Only first time flashing requires formatting the data partition in order to boot, after that no data removal will have to be made.