Possibility Of Unlocking Lte Bands In Redmi Note 4

Is it possible to unlock extra LTE bands (USA) in the Xiaomi Redmi 4 (China version)?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

A10A10

Members
Sep 22, 2016
My first Xiaomi phone! ( China version ) . Wondering if anybody knows if it would be (theoretically) possible to unlock LTE bands for USA, currently it works in H+, not bad, but would like to use full LTE speed. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Unfortunately for US are using Bands not used anywhere else in the world. Why the US phone companies decided to go it alone when it comes to LTE is still a mystery but most manufacturers dont produce hardware that works in the US unless they have supply contract with one of the American providers. So the answer is No there is no possibility because the hardware is not in the phone to give you those bands.

I'm from Poland (you know, some European country). My Redmi Note 4 works only in H+ too. What about that? 1800/2600 MHz...
Mine is working fine with 2600Mhz, full 4G, in Spain, so... Note 4 works fine with that 4G Band.

I'm from Poland (you know, some European country). My Redmi Note 4 works only in H+ too. What about that? 1800/2600 MHz...

According to the specifications it does support LTE B3 which is 1800+ and TD-LTE B38 which is 2600 by Areo2 I believe in your country but it is possible that it might not work depending on the set up they are using. I don't know what bands the other carriers in your country are using but it should not be hard for you to find out. Remember that most carriers do not necessarily support the same bands and not all towers support all the bands that a carrier has a licence to operate on. So just because a carrier has these bands does not mean they provide them in your area.